jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Has anyone made a series on HubPages?

1. 0
    James Michaelsposted 2 years ago

I was thinking about making a series about social issues weekly but I don't know if that's a dumb idea. Especially when I don't have any followers to care...lol
    I've heard that people can get warnings if too many pages are similar too.
    Has anyone made a series (not fiction) on here and had nice numbers on their page views?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Followers on HubPages are not readers, they are other writers, so you will never build up large numbers of followers (I may look like I have a lot, but most of them are inactive!).   

On HubPages, no matter how long you're here, 90% of your readers will be people who arrive at one of your Hubs having found it on Google or Bing or Yahoo! search.  It often takes time for Google to rank your Hubs high enough for searchers to click on them.  So if you're writing on current events, your Hub may be out of date before it gets that far! 

You can certainly write a series.  If you put them in a Group, you will get "previous" and "next" arrows at the bottom of the Hub to help people navigate, and you can also write a Capstone Hub with an introduction to the series, then add links to each of the series as you write them.

2. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

To be honest with you, short term articles are better suited for blogs. An article website such as Hubpages thrive on repeat readers or readers looking for information in evergreen topics. Social issues are very short term and get stale within a couple of weeks. By the time your articles get indexed and searchable it will have lost it's relevance.

On the other hand a blog will get the attention quicker (especially Blogger) and you will build up an organic readership faster. Most of the readers you will get here in the first few days are hubbers and not organic traffic.

2. Arachnea profile image85
    Arachneaposted 2 years ago

There's one Hubber who runs one or more of his book series. I'm not certain what the page views for said Hubber are though.

3. Bambi L'Amour profile image75
    Bambi L'Amourposted 2 years ago

I really like the phrase "organic traffic".. so gonna' use that in my next scrawl! Thanks smile

4. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I do an occasional "series" called "Forgotten Hard Rock Albums" ...in each entry I pull a random CD out of my collection and review/dissect it in depth. The view #'s for them vary...I guess it depends on how many people out there are Google searching for each particular band/performer. Several of them have done pretty well with time but others have tanked.

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
    LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago

Several of my articles are Photo Projects-(the tittle or subject)
    They do good but it appears that fresh articles rather than series will do better here.

6. spartucusjones profile image91
    spartucusjonesposted 2 years ago

I have a couple of different series of music related Hubs. For example, I have wrote a series of Hubs on Protest Songs. They are among my best traffic performing Hubs. But each one does stand alone and it still makes sense without having to read the other Hubs in the series. Another benefit is that for most of the Related Hubs listed by HubPages happen to be my other Hubs in the series. So if your series is on a niche that isn't covered often, you could benefit from the internal traffic that comes from having your own Hubs dominate the related Hubs. But of course most traffic comes from search engine, which is why they need to still be able to stand alone. I would definitely avoid part 1,2, etc...