jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What's with the scoring?

1. James M Becher profile image58
    James M Becherposted 2 years ago

I don't really understand the scoring too well as it is, but this is really puzzeling:  Most of the time when I improve an imported hub, the score goes up, but a few times after I made improvements, the score went down.  Why?    Were some of the imported squidoo lenses given higher scores than they should have originally?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Take a look at the "related discussions" below this thread and you'll see that scores are a mystery to us all, and many of us would like to see them disappear!   

Scores do nothing to help you get traffic, so the best thing to do with them is to ignore them.

1. James M Becher profile image58
        James M Becherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info., but I was using them to gauge when I should re-apply to adsense - or is that not a good idea also?.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Every time you change it the hub gets a quality score by some new person.  So on top of the objective criteria, it is subject to the vagaries of human judgement.

3. delia-delia profile image81
    delia-deliaposted 2 years ago

I'm not sure what scoring you are talking about, I assume it's one of the various numbers in various places on your pages here at HP...
    I wasted the better of several hours looking for answers before posting here.
    One of my questions is in regards to numbers, this one is on your bio photo....what does that NUMBER represent? 

I'm also having difficulty deciphering the Adsense, Google and whatnot for making money. I can't seem to get the Google completed.
    I eliminated 23 lenses and only rolled over the pages that had good hits and meant something to me.

Thanks for any advice or answers...

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Delia-Delia, go to the below link, for a lot of explanatory info.