jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Amazon Sale

1. profile image0
    bobtyndallposted 2 years ago

Wow. Made my first Amazon sale on Oct 1st. Earned a whopping $0.15. I am curious. Where does it say what percentage we earn using the HubPage amazon module? It says my rate id 5 %. We where also told we would earn more with Hub modules. If I use my own Amazon account I start at 4 %. Once I hit 7 orders shipped it jumps to 6.5 %. It CAN go up to 8 % with enough orders in the month.  So, what is it?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

Go to my account-Earnings Tab-Amazon Sales Report which lists sale, price, commission rate and commission you earn.   I made 2 sales in June 8.49% and the July I got 4.1 %.  I have made 6 sales in 5 months and all but one was 8.1 % to 8.5% and all but 1 month had 1 sale, the other had 2 sales.  The low one is on a fixed rate by Amazon.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#HubPages-Amazon-Program

The Amazon Program will track product referrals from your Hubs. You will accrue into your HubPages Earnings Program balance from this activity (via a commission from purchase activity on Amazon based on referrals from your Hubs). HubPages keeps separate track of all HubPages-issued IDs that participate in the Amazon Program under HubPages. Your ID will have its own tracking, which is based on your account activity and is not pooled with other HubPages users.

The revenue sharing for the Amazon Program works the same way as with other HEP Programs, by alternating your affiliate ID 60% of the time with HubPages' affiliate ID 40% of the time.

The Amazon Sales Report will only reflect sales that occurred in your share of impressions.

More explanation; The Amazon Program will track product referrals from your Hubs. You will accrue into your HubPages Earnings Program balance from this activity (via a commission from purchase activity on Amazon based on referrals from your Hubs). HubPages keeps separate track of all HubPages-issued IDs that participate in the Amazon Program under HubPages. Your ID will have its own tracking, which is based on your account activity and is not pooled with other HubPages users.

The revenue sharing for the Amazon Program works the same way as with other HEP Programs, by alternating your affiliate ID 60% of the time with HubPages' affiliate ID 40% of the time.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/maki … y-HubPages

This is my take on it:  You as Amazon Associate make 5 sales, you will get 4%, but because hubbers as a group have made over 100 sales for one month, we get the higher percentage up to 8.5%, but because we all have our own ID given to us by HP, we earn on what was sold under our ID.  So in reality we get a higher percentage with HP program.

3. profile image0

Hi Linda

Thanks for your reply.

I am very familiar with the Amazon program as it relates to my own ID. I have been using Amazon for years.

If, as you say, our percentage is based on what every hub sells in a particular month. It seems to me, if that is the case, with the amount of hubbers there are, we should always be at the highest payout in a month. What I would like to know is where the break point is. I shouldn't be seeing a 5% rate if it follows the same rules as my own Amazon program. I should be at 4% or at the next level which is 6% and it should jump half a % at a time, depending on sales. I understand the 60 - 40 split. However, the rest of the explanation from Hubpages is vague. One other thing I can do within my own Amazon account is use a tracking code for every page I have Amazon products on. Here we only have one tracking ID. So, is there any way that we can know what lens generated the sale?

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Go to Amazon associates fee schedule,  https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … tisingfees

They  have fixed rates for some items.  The one sale I had at 4% was on that list.

5. profile image0

Hi again smile

I see two sections that would generate a 5% commission. What is still confusing to me is if our rates are based on the total sales across all Hubpage hubs, that would mean that I am the only one who made a sale that day. That doesn't seem realistic. If it is true, it doesn't say much for the sales being generated thru lenses.

I think someone from Hubpages needs to clarify exactly what the situation is. Be interesting to see how the month progresses.

1. vineliner57 profile image86
      vineliner57posted 2 years ago in reply to this

If the item you sold is on the Fixed Fee table that Linda provided, you will get paid what is on that list, no matter how many of them you sell.

Was the item you sold on that list?

6. LindaSmith1 profile image61

No!  It means you sold an item that is on the Fixed Fee Schedule of Amazon.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com … 71763_.png

7. profile image0

Ok, I think I see it now. What you are saying, and it does make sense, is that if I sold a product for a fixed fee, it doesn't matter how much anyone else sells in any category, I will only earn on that one product.
    If, however, I sell any thing that is not on a fixed fee then the referral percentage will be based on how much has been sold across the board. Linda, that would explain why you earned 8% on most of your sales.

What was sold this time was an instant video which has a fixed fee of 5%. What I need to do know is figure out how to know what lens that sale came from. I am not that familiar with Google Analytics which may be the solution.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Paul had said not long ago that they were looking into a way for us to determine which hub the sale came from.  We can only make educated guesses. In my case, I can guess, but other sales, who knows which hub because they didn't fit anything I have written about or close to it.

9. profile image0

Quite often people will click thru a link and then look around for something totally different   and buy it. This happens quite often.

I was looking at Google Analytics and in their ecommerce it might show where the sale came from. I have it set up so time will tell.

working