jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Confused about Adsense Impressions Vs HP Program Impressions

1. Maina Ndungu profile image86
    Maina Ndunguposted 2 years ago

According to the way I understand it, you are supposed to get 60% of ad impressions and HP gets the remaining 40%. However, I've noticed that I get about 8 adsense impressions for about 30 HP ad program impressions (These are only ratios and not the actual figures). What does this imply? Is this how it's supposed to be or is it that some Adsense ads are not loading on my side?

1. 0
      Victoria Austinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's what I read too- writers are suppose to get 60%. I don't understand how to get Adsense please help. Thanks and God bless.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

First, you need to wait until you have written about 20 Hubs.   Then you can apply to Adsense for an account. 

The instructions are here:

http://hubpages.com/help-answer/affilia … se/signup/

Until you have an Adsense account, you cannot earn from the HP Earnings Program.

1. 0

Wow that is a lot of Hubs. Thank you, Marissa. God bless you have a great day.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is a mistaken-interpretation due a really bad explanation in the FAQ.

The actual reality of the HubPages site is that you DO NOT get 60% of the impressions, you get 60% of the impression time.  This means that 60% of the time, your affiliate codes are on your Hubs and 40% of the time, he codes belong to HubPages.

You get 100% of the earnings that happen in your TIMESHARE, not a straight 60% cut of the money.  If, during your timeshare, there were to be no activity of any kind on any of your Hubs, you would earn $0.

1. 0

Thank you for replying and God bless you.  What are impressions, and timeshare?  Do we have to pay for any of this? How do we get Adsense? Thanks.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

That is how it is supposed to be.  When you are in the HubPages ad program, most of the ads on the hub are a part of this program.  See this graphic that shows which ads are which.