jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

AllPosters Affiliate

1. tea lady 2 profile image66
    tea lady 2posted 2 years ago

I have a lens about my favorite artist and I used AllPosters prints for examples. The photos transferred fine but I have too many affiliate links. I'm not sure how to fix this without deleting my images. My affiliate code does not work in the text module. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

1. sockii profile image87
      sockiiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can only have 2 links to an individual domain like allposters per hub.

I've run into this issue too, plus AllPosters recently announced that NJ residents like myself can no longer earn from their affiliate program so...yeah. I have a bunch of transferred lenses to deal with on this matter.

2. profile image0
      bobtyndallposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is very common with Squido lenses. What you can do is edit the picture and there will be a place for the source of the image and the url to it. However, you will only be allowed two affiliate links in your hub. You have a warning that you have to many affiliate links. You need to go in and delete all of those links except 2. Hubs are nothing like lenses. I had 50 lenses when I transferred. Many had a way more than that. We are all in the process of converting lenses to hubs. It can be frustrating.

Also, you can link to content in the text module. In the edit mode you will see the little chain link. Highlight your text and link to your affiliate link. Still can only have 2 links total. You could leave all of your images and then have 2 text modules that you can use to link to your AllPoster affiliate

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Your affiliate code should work in the text module - it may just be that you're using it incorrectly.   You can't use the long complicated link which "a href" in it, you need a simple text link.   I can't recall how to find that on Allposters, maybe another Squid can advise.

However, as others said - there is no way around the two limit link.

2. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 2 years ago

Have you ever really made any money off of the affiliate link? I'm guessing no, but if you have, keep the text link. Otherwise you're probably better off without it.

1. sockii profile image87
      sockiiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Personally I've made well over a couple hundred dollars with AllPosters in the past, on my old Squidoo lenses that have been transferred here.

But now that I can no longer earn from that program because of legal state issues with sales tax collection it's a moot point.

3. tea lady 2 profile image66
    tea lady 2posted 2 years ago

Thanks everyone for your comments. I was hoping there was a way around this. Since I posted, I discovered that photos are showing up on the edit page, but not on the hub page. I have a lot of work to do.

4. Fiorenza profile image80
    Fiorenzaposted 2 years ago

tea lady are you sure your photo capsules aren't hidden (will have a line through 'photo' in edit mode). This happened with all the squidoo lenses where the photos were linked rather than uploaded to Squidoo and can also affect photos that are not sufficiently large/high quality to display full width on HP.

1. tea lady 2 profile image66
      tea lady 2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

YES!! Fiorenza! That was the problem. Thank you so very much!!!

5. Fiorenza profile image80
    Fiorenzaposted 2 years ago

Glad to be of help!

working