jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

External code

1. William F. Torpey profile image82
    William F. Torpeyposted 2 years ago

I'm a computer dummie, but I've always put ads on my pages. I haven't got a clue as to how all these things work ((and I'm not overly concerned about it) but I'm just wondering what this means:
    "Not Active but your external code ... is active." I probably won't understand your answer, but I'll try.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image91
      Jayne Lancerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Amazon? It means you haven't activated your HubPages Amazon Program affiliate code, but that your external code is active. That means you're earning from Amazon directly, and not through the HubPages Amazon Program.

If you look at External Affiliate Settings on your earnings page, you'll see that your Amazon status is active.

I'm assuming Amazon, because I haven't noticed any eBay ads on your hubs.

William F. Torpeyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Jayne Lancer. If I'm earning from Amazon why would I want to earn through HubPages? I had Ebay ads a while back but they made some changes I didn't understand so I switched to Amazon.

This is a good reason to earn through HubPages: "HubPages offers a very high Amazon commission tier because the volume of sales across HubPages is aggregated for the benefit of all participants." http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubp … am-and-ads

If you do decide to opt into the program, wait until you've reached payout on your external affiliate account--you can only have one or the other activated on HubPages, not both.

William F. Torpeyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Jayne, but I think it's hopeless. I tried to sign up for PayPal a long time ago but failed. I did everything they asked to sign up, but that didn't work. I really don't want to spend all my time trying to figure out that jigsaw puzzle.

That's a great shame, William. I'd try again if I were you.

working