jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Seven Cents Never Sounded So Good! Plus... a question.

1. Glenda Motsavage profile image81
    Glenda Motsavageposted 2 years ago

After being rejected by Google AdSense a few weeks ago, I finally got up the courage to re-submit the application yesterday.  This time I was accepted within 2 hours.  This morning I awoke to 7 cents in my Hub account.  Hallelujah... 7 cents never sounded so good!

Question: The Google email states, "Once your account is fully activated, you’ll receive a confirmation email and begin to see live ads."  How long does that usually take?

1. Solaras profile image90
      Solarasposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations Glenda! It looks like your ads are running; I checked out your Warm Weather Christmas hub and Goggle ads are all over it.

Glenda Motsavageposted 2 years ago in reply to this

@Solaras. Really? I only see one at the top and one at the bottom, nothing embedded in the article.  Is the mobile version different?  (And, I never received that "final" confirmation email from Google.)  Thanks for helping a newbie understand all this!

1. Solaras profile image90
          Solarasposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I saw one at the top, one on the right hand side under your first photo, one on the right hand side of the page near the top and one at the bottom. That is pretty much all you will have for ads on your hubs.

On the Lake Placid hub, you don't have enough room between the first photo and the poll for them to squeeze in an ad there.  So move the poll down further in the article, and an ad should pop in under the first photo!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
            Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Solaras, surely you know that ads are shown on all Hubs even when the Hubber doesn't have an Adsense account?  Or are you seeing something which tells you those are using her code?

@Marisa Wright,  "Surely you know that ads are shown on all Hubs even when the Hubber doesn't have an Adsense account?"

Exactly.  That's why I couldn't tell if they were mine or not!

2. Glenda Motsavage profile image81

@Solaras  Thanks so much for all your time spent helping me with this Adsense thing.  Also, really appreciate the suggestion for moving the Poll on my Lake Placid Hub.  I plan to edit all my former lenses this week, and I will take your advice!

BTW... I received this final confirmation email at 6:46pm today from Google: "Your Google AdSense account has been fully activated."  Hallelujah!

2. Tiffanyapril profile image59
      Tiffanyaprilposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Kudos! Never lose that courage to keep trying. It paid off! Who knows? In time, it could pay off even more.

Blessings

3. Adventuretravels profile image81
      Adventuretravelsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well done Glenda!! That's really good news. Did you edit all your lenses into hubs before reapplying?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

She didn't need to.   Adsense wants at least Hubs which have been published for at least a month.   If you apply too early, you'll always get rejected.  Re-apply with the same Hubs after a suitable time has elapsed and you're likely to be accepted.

@Marisa Wright  The only difference was 2 newly created Hubs and 2 additional weeks on HP!  In this case, 2 + 2 = A Winner!

2. goatfury profile image90
    goatfuryposted 2 years ago

Congratulations, Glenda!  I feel the same way.  It's like playing a slot machine in Vegas and winning 10 cents every day!

3. TheWritingnag profile image80
    TheWritingnagposted 2 years ago

Congrats! I felt the same way after being rejected three times. Now I'm grateful for the pennies!

4. Glenda Motsavage profile image81
    Glenda Motsavageposted 2 years ago

@Adventuretravels  No, I haven't edited any of my former lenses as of yet.  The only change since the previous rejection notice was that I created 2 new Hubs (brought my total to 20) and my time on HP went from 4 weeks to 6.  Not sure what made the difference... if I could get into Google's head, I would make a lot of money!

working