jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (14 posts)

Can I have more than one tab opened at a time?

1. favored profile image52
    favoredposted 2 years ago

In order for me to remove content from one hub and transfer it to another I have to have two tabs opened to the edit mode at the same time.  Can I do that?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image82
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes. I have done that.
      First I open My Account in a second tab and then I open the Hub which I want, or need, in each one. Usually I open the main Hub in the first tab, then I open the second Hub in the second tab. After that, I can do my work without any problems.

favoredposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Examiner good to know, thanks.  Going to try that now.

You are welcome again. :-) Good luck.

2. tea lady 2 profile image67
      tea lady 2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I prefer to have 2 windows open rather than 2 tabs so I can see side by side.

Tabs are side-by-side, (if they are not then they can be moved), windows are not unless you minimize them. I would think that is a little harder to do.

I didn't know there was a difference between a tab and a window.  Being able to see them at the same time would be good.  So tabs you can see at the same time and windows you can't?  I used the wrong term then.  How do you do tabs?

favored,
            When you open Windows then you are in a 'window' covering the screen. Within the window, across the very top, you see tiny stubs sticking up, these are 'tabs'. 'Tabs' have angled sides and slightly rounded corners at the very top with names in them and an 'X' at  the right of each one. (This 'X' closes it, avoid doing that.) Open Google (or another browser) and it is in the 'window'. So what you do on your entire screen all day is a window.

You will see some 'tabs' that are HubPages, there is a black 'H' and a name. If you sign onto Pinterest, then there is a red P and the name Pinterest. For your email is their logo, and maybe how many emails you have.

Anyway, those are some of the differences between 'tabs' and 'windows'.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks Examiner I didn't realize that.  Seems I'm always looking out "windows" smile  Going to check this out. It would make things easier.  Yesterday was the first time I worked in Chrome and I clicked off so many times.  Yet another thing to learn, but worth it.

Do you mean that you clicked on the red 'X' in the corner? When you see X's, stay away from them. Usually you will close your window(s) before you have signed out; and if you do not realize it, and correct it, then the program will still be open in your name even though you cannot see it.

That must have been what I did by accident and yes the programs were still open.  I've had to use my other hand this week due to an injury and the "mouse" seems to be taking liberties smile

That is what happens. When you do not reopen them immediately and either use them or sign off they stay open even when you shut off the computer.

2. Arachnea profile image86
    Arachneaposted 2 years ago

Yes, I've done it before. Be sure that if at any time both tabs are open to the same hub in edit mode on the same acct, only make changes to one tab and not the other.

Good point to remember Arachnea. I've never had two edits open at the same time on the same site.

working