jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (12 posts)

RESOLVED: Jumping to the top of the page when I edit.

1. favored profile image54
    favoredposted 2 years ago

I know someone had a similar problem, but I cannot find out what they did to correct the problem.  When I use the search feature it comes up blank. If there is a search box for forum questions someone please direct me to it.

This is the problem. Every time I edit or delete something on a hub it jumps back to the top of the page.  How do I stop that?

I'm trying to delete recipe capsules that showed up on a tribute page that has nothing to do with any recipes.  I have no idea how they got there in the first place.  Now it's happening with everything I add or edit.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You might be able to fix the issues with Internet Explorer by clearing the browser cache and restarting your computer.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

Does the issue persist if you use Firefox or Chrome?

Is it isolated to a particular Hub? A specific type of capsule? One capsule?

favoredposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Matthew I haven't checked if it's doing it in another hub because as soon as I open it the grace period ends.  I didn't want to shut down the computer because I'm in the middle of editing and was afraid of what would happen since I'm not done.  Is it OK to do that?  If so I'll try restarting and checking through Chrome.

It jumps when I delete or move a capsule.  Amazon capsules I'm deleting and trying to move some. The recipe capsules are a mystery to me.  It's taking a long time to edit with this happening.

Save your changes, but don't publish it yet.
          Restart your computer.
          Then install and try Firefox or Chrome.

Ok, I just tried to edit and now it won't even let me do anything.  Going to shut down and try all over. Thanks Matthew.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
              The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I do not know which one that you will need but I use Chrome with no problems. What computer and server do you have?

Internet Explorer.  I did switch to Chrome but it's still loading very slow.  At least it's not jumping.  It's taken me all day to fix one article where it should have taken only 20-30 minutes.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
                  The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

The slowness may be because of your server. Who are you paying?

2. favored profile image54

Matthew I did what you said and am using Chrome, but it's still loading very slow when I make any changes. It's not jumping though.

I have to have the Squidoo site opened in Internet Explorer and the Hub site in Chrome.  I didn't know HP didn't support IE.  If I clear the cache I can't get to my files.  My husband tried, so I guess I have to do both.  Not used to it and I keep closing the site LOL. I think I did it three times in five minutes.  Appreciate your help.

2. kenneth avery profile image81
      kenneth averyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Matt,
      Are you and the hubbers on this forum familiar with the trouble Yahoo Mail is having downloading mail? Well, Matt, thank God, that your advice to stop the "jumping" from place to place, was right and also it helped me with my Yahoo Mail.
      I got a new account and today, I got one of  those errors, so I signed out, dumped all of the temp files, cleaned the cache, restarted my laptop and the comment I was reading, came back.

Great. Make sure to use that same process the first each time you run into any issues with a website or your browser.

1. kenneth avery profile image81
          kenneth averyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Matt,
          Sure will. Have a peaceful night at "Hub-Ville."

Closed to reply

working