jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

RESOLVED: Broken link violation symbol

1. Shorebirdie profile image86
    Shorebirdieposted 2 years ago

I had a broken link violation on one of my hubs this morning.  I went in and changed the link, checked it, and saved it.  However, it still keeps saying there's a broken link.  I've checked it several times and there are no other broken links.  How do I correct this?

I had three hubs with broken links and the two others had no problems once I fixed them.

1. Rhonda Lytle profile image86
      Rhonda Lytleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm having the same issues today.  Most of them are fixing fast but the symbols on the account page seem to be lagging behind about an hour for the last one I just did. 
      In the past, on my other account, I found many times it was a link I had already turned off but missed a comma or period.  It was something tiny that I didn't even know was there which made it very hard to find, even though highlighted.  I guess I just don't see that well.  I found if I highlighted all the content of the text box and just hit the unlink button it fixed it.
      If not that, for me, its often a video that isn't loading.  Most times they are highlighted and it tells me it isn't working but a few times I've found it was not and that was the problem so now I just hit each video to be sure if it says there's a broken link I can't find.  Good luck.  It's a bit like chasing ghosts at times smile.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can see all of the broken links here as well as retest the URLs.

1. KathyMcGraw2 profile image81
        KathyMcGraw2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you can see them there....but for many of us we don't know "WHY" they're there.  I started a thread on the 301 redirects appearing not to be working.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
          Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Please re-test the links.

You can check the HTTP header info for a specifics link using this tool.

If you are still seeing links that are returning valid HTTP codes showing as broken, please share the Hub and link(s) URLs.

2. Ramkitten2000 profile image93
    Ramkitten2000posted 2 years ago

I'm experiencing the same thing. Actually, the broken link symbols were going away earlier, and now none of them will go away, no matter how much I refresh the page, check and double-check to be sure they're fixed, and run the "check for violations" thingy.

3. lisavollrath profile image88
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I had a bunch of those pesky, won't go away broken links today. I went to the broken link tab, and discovered that although I had updated the link addresses in my hub, the broken link was still listed at the old address. I hit the ignore button on all three of them. Problem solved.

4. Jodah profile image85
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

I had a broken link symbol come up on one of my hubs a week ago. I checked the said link from both my computer and IPad and it worked fine. Didn't matter what I did it still said broken link so I eventually just deleted the link anyway.

5. Shorebirdie profile image86
    Shorebirdieposted 2 years ago

Actually, once the stats updated, it went away.