jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Can The Callout Capsule Be Aligned?

1. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

I have seen hubs with what I thought was the Callout capsule since it is in grey aligned to the right.  I just tried using one but it does not align to the right. In fact there isn't an arrow for anything but up or down?   If people are not using the callout box, then what is the colored box with text in it that I am seeing floated to the right of a text box?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image91
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I started seeing what I think is the Callout cap just about a week ago. It must be a new thing. But it is always centered in a gray box.  Any box, Amazon, eBay, poll, or text can be shaded gray or blue if we float it to the right.  I like that feature.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61

NEVER MIND!  I found what I needed to know.  The callout capsule is not the only shaded capsule, other than Amazon.  We can shade the text and links capsules according this thread.
    http://susanm23b.hubpages.com/question/ … in-my-hubs

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Phyliss: I have been here for 3 years and did not know you could highlight the text box. But then again, I don't float it to the right, and have no real desire to use the callout capsule. 

I have one hub, and I wanted to highlight some specific information which is why I was going to go ahead and use the callout capsule but I wanted it to float to the right. 

I just put my question in the search engine and found a thread that answered my question.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image91
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Linda. I am not sure I like the callout capsule - it seems to break up the flow of the text with the dark gray and bold letters. I prefer the quote option in a capsule by itself, which floats to the center and I can put a subtitle on it, which is nice but not necessary.  The quote then becomes a more fluid part of the text.

1. Margaret Schindel profile image93
        Margaret Schindelposted 2 years ago in reply to this

My favorite option for callouts other than actual quotes (for which I use the Quote option) is the Classic formatting. I can use the title field alone or both the title and text fields to separate and introduce a new section or to emphasize a key point, and the simple black rules at the top and bottom are effective without being as disruptive as the gray Colorbox option. (I also think that a big block of gray is unappealing; if we are ever offered a blue, black, or bordered white options for Colorbox callouts, I would use them much more often.)

My real wish about the Callout capsule is to keep it centered but make it the full column width rather than indented.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I have seen them used, not impressed.  I may change my text capsule back to not being highlighted and put back into the normal flow of the hub.

working