jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Keywords

1. GlennaJones profile image61
    GlennaJonesposted 2 years ago

On Squidoo, I remember being able to edit keywords as I edited my module.  I can't find a place here at Hubpages to do that.  Do they only let you set keywords as you make a new page?  That would stink because my pages often take on a life of their own and it helps to have the keywords change to reflect my actual writing.  Any ideas?

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

There used to be tagging but it was eliminated, I think because people were abusing it. Of course, use of keywords in title and text are possible.

2. GlennaJones profile image61
    GlennaJonesposted 2 years ago

That's true, but I have posts that have transferred from Squidoo and I don't remember what I designated the keywords as...

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Why do you want to know?

1. GlennaJones profile image61
        GlennaJonesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I was looking for a way to be sure any Meta Tags reflected what I was saying on my page.  From what I gather, that's a non-issue here because they generate it for you.

1. Arco Hess Designs profile image83
          Arco Hess Designsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Meta tags for keywords hasn't meant anything for about a decade on search engines. They don't use them.

The keywords no Squidoo were simply used for Squidoo's search engine. It had nothing to do with Google.

So if you are worried about keywords for Google, simply use the words in your text, title, url, and other places but not too much and not too little.

working