jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Bad Squidoo Links-Page not found.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

I was on one of my sites today looking for something and decided to check my links.  It is a shame because I had several links to one of the squidoo writers that does anti-adoption and CPS articles.  I clicked on each link thinking I would be redirected to HP.  It did not happen!  All I got was page not found!  Hit me over the head because I don't remember the writer's name and didn't save any of the links!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Linda,
      Could you post the URL or title of the Hub in question?

2. Shades-of-truth profile image86
    Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago

Linda, could you do a search for the topic online, where it might have been cached? Alternately, if you still have the links, the Wayback Machine might help you track them down. I know you know that, but once in a while I forget things that are helpful.

If you could find the original article, through the Wayback Machine, you might be able to copy portions of the text, and find out where the writer has posted that content.

Ignore, if not helpful.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60

I was so aggravated, I deleted the links from my website, not even thinking of saving them.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Shades of truth; Thanks, never heard of wayback machine.  I don't have the url's anymore

1. Shades-of-truth profile image86
      Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Linda, I thought some articles I had written on a well-known site were "gone with the wind", too - until I discovered the Wayback Machine. They were cached there, with the dates that they were saved. I wrote quite a few, and was earning a bit from them, when the company sold out to another concern, who "demanded" that all of our original content, photos included, would become theirs.

I courteously declined their invitations to transfer over to them, and yanked my articles. Then, I had a major computer crash, and my stored information on those articles vanished. I found them through the Wayback machine.

Even if you cannot remember the author, or any of the links, you still may be able to hunt the information down online through searches, and find your links again.

Margaret is correct.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Maybe that writer will see this or somebody will have an idea as to who I may be referring to.

6. Margaret Schindel profile image91
    Margaret Schindelposted 2 years ago

@LindaSmith1, if the lensmaster chose to move his/her content somewhere other than HubPages, then there would be no 301 redirect from the Squidoo lens URLs. I hope you're able to find the articles again through the search engines.

working