jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What Can I Write About? I see this question over and over again!

1. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

I have been brain dead about things to write about. I have some ideas but they bore me. However, I did stumble across something in the past few days.  Topic ideas were staring me in the face!   Webmaster Tools tells you what search terms people used when they found my hubs.   Sure, a lot of them were what my hubs were about.  But so were others but with a new twist to what I had already written. One of my hubs is about dog beds.  Sure I saw dog beds 100 times, but then there was something specific people were looking for when searching dog beds.   Need ideas, go to Webmaster tools and see if you can come up with an idea or two just from the search terms.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Do you have hobbies, a favorite pet, other things that you like to do daily, things which you are good at doing - cooking, gardening, mowing the lawn, etc.?

2. Shorebirdie profile image87
    Shorebirdieposted 2 years ago

I just started using Ubersuggest for other sites I write for to get angles on topics.  It generates common keywords and search terms people are using for a particular subject.  It doesn't work with all subjects, but I've gotten some unique angles for these other sites with that.  I may try it here.  There's also Content Idea Generator, but the topics that come up are all similar.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61

l never heard of those sites. Thanks for the information. Yes, activities and hobbies, etc are good ideas.  A site for Amazon is Merchant Words it gives you ideas as to what you may be searching for by terms users of Amazon use, and search volume.

Examiner: Pets? I have a mini zoo with my dog, cat and bird.  In the past 2 years, I moved out of the city and move to where my dad lived. He died from cancer 6 months after moving back here and never got to see the remodeling on the house finished.  We turned 4 apts into a duplex.  He did one part for me, and we had just started gutting the second half which he never saw finished. I replaced everything so there are ideas there. Issues with the house have come up, and I have already written about some of those.  I at least have some product reviews I can do and a few other ideas I have come up with from webmaster tools surrounding hubs I have already written

4. Zachary Basel profile image60
    Zachary Baselposted 2 years ago

Just look for what's trending on Google. Read a few articles on that trend then meld them together and add your own personal touch to it.

5. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 2 years ago
  6. LindaSmith1 profile image61

colorfulone: I just tried that hubspots.  I assume it did it correctly and all I could do was shake my head because the results were pathetic.

7. lbrummer profile image93
    lbrummerposted 2 years ago

Remember the Quest we had on Squidoo:
    Everyone was encouraged to add to a list was made of subjects or items that you would like to see an article written about.  You probably don't want to write the article, because the subject isn't in your niche, or you just plain don't know enough about it.  You could add as many ideas as you wanted.
    When one of the ideas was taken, there was a check or something by the title so you knew someone was already writing an article for that particular idea. 
    I thought the list was a great idea, because it made you think of other ideas on your own.
    Did anyone else find that list helpful?

I love it here on HubPages and wouldn't want to go back to Squidoo.  But, they did have some good ideas and that was one of them.