jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Spotlight List Missing A Hub

1. Arachnea profile image83
    Arachneaposted 2 years ago

I finally dug into my transferred lenses today. Oddly enough one of the hubs I published after editing is not showing on my spotlight list. All of the other ones (I think) have appeared but this one. It's the one regarding the pen made from recycled material. It's still showing as published on my hubs list, but not making an appearance on the spotlight list.

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you go to the edit your profile page, you can change which hubs are being spotlighted. Try that for the hub.

2. Jodah profile image87
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

You already have six spotlighted. That's all that you are allowed Arachnea. If you want the pencil one highlighted you will have to swap it with one of the others.

3. Arachnea profile image83

I guess I need to clarify here. I am aware of how to select spotlighted hubs and that there's a limit as to the number of hubs that can be spotlighted. However, on the list, when changing the spotlighted hubs, all of the hubs posted over this weekend are present except the one hub mentioned in the original message above. I posted over 10 new hubs so this weekend. Only one is MIA from the list.

1. Jodah profile image87
      Jodahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

OK, Some weird stuff has been happening. I had a newly published hub appear on the list of hubs on my profile page but it was nowhere to be seen on the list of hubs on my accounts page where they are listed in order of score from the top down.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Does the Hub that won't seem to go into the Spotlight have a photo listed in it first that does not meet the HubPages minimum size?

Arachneaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No, there's an amazon capsule attached to the first text capsule.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

To be a spotlight hub, it needs to have at least one full size picture.
        I looked and see no hub about pens made from recycled material listed?

Thank you. One learns something new every day. I'll check this out.

I checked it out and the image wasn't registering at all. So I just uploaded another one and used it with the first capsule. I thought maybe the odd size of the first image might have been a problem, but it doesn't seem to be one in another hub I've created with an unusual sized (about the same size) image with the first capsule.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Here is the related FAQ entry that mentions the image requirement.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#HubsOnProfile

Thank you. That answered any and all questions for me.

5. Arachnea profile image83

Just thought I'd bump this up as I've not gotten an answer. Also, the hub is still not showing on the spotlight list in my edit profile tab. Subsequent hubs are showing, just not that one.

working