jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Google Analytics Report Differ From HP My Account Page Views Stats

1. bravewarrior profile image94
    bravewarriorposted 2 years ago

Today I received my Google Analytics report for September 2014. It shows I had 4,750 visits for the month of September. When comparing that to My Account, the number under the 30 day column is 3,839. Given that today is October 13th, I assume the 30 days includes October to date. Even if my assumption is incorrect, the number is still wrong. When you consider that the report is from Google alone, it's possible I have views from other search engines as well.

Many of us have noticed negative numbers in our Traffic Sources report (that has been reported to us as being fixed or in the process, however, as of today, I still see negative numbers) and fluctuations (and stalls) in our daily stats. Why is HP showing such a difference in page views versus what Google reports?

This affects our earnings. Can somebody please tell me why my (our) stats don't agree with the Google reports?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Two things:

1) Google Analytic stats and HubPages stats will never match because they both count different data differently.

2) Disclosing the account specifics that you did violated both the terms of use for Analytics and HubPages.

bravewarriorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Relache, I was unaware of that or I never would have posted it. I try to play by the rules. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago
      bravewarriorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Linda, I didn't post earnings. I posted page views. I simply wanted to know why the numbers differ. I see people talk about page views going from one number to another quite often. How is that a violation to either HP or Analytics?

Again, I'm not talking earnings. Simply views.