jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Help! I got this message on Google Analytics!

1. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 2 years ago

And I have absolutely no idea what it means! I know it is telling me to do something, but I have no idea what the heck they are talking about!

This is the message!

Traffic from hostnames sending hits to property  hubpages.com is being identified as referrals. Verify that all site pages are tagged and that the tags are configured correctly. Hostnames to investigate: hubpages.com.

Phew! maybe thats why I am having trouble with low views these days? thanks in advance.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This means that the Google Analytics tracking has been lost on some of your Hubs.

See this post:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/122626

This, however, should not affect your views.  Plenty of websites don't use Google Analytics.

1. Nell Rose profile image90
        Nell Roseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks writer fox, I will go and take a look, I wish they would put it in english! lol! I thought I had done something wrong!

2. Nell Rose profile image90
        Nell Roseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I went over to check, the bit where it said tick box etc, was already done, so I undid it and did it again, went back to the main page and it said something about history now can be seen. not sure why it didn't work before, or whether this is right or not. I am sure I did it right ages ago.

working