jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Duplicate warning

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
    Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago

I am one who truly enjoys the duplicate content warning that HubPages is giving when we are viewing our account.  I follow up with contacting the website, Google, or WordPress (separate request from Google) asking for removal under the DMCA.

I am finding however, that several months after being successful, and the duplicate content is removed , HubPages is still showing the duplicate content warning on my account.

An example: http://dalehyde.hubpages.com/hub/What-I … ane-Season

And the removal page: http://cat5hurricaneshutterswpb.wordpre … gency-kit/

How long does it take for this duplicate content warning to be removed?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Dale,

It used to take much longer for the warning to go away, but we've updated the copyright feature, and the warning should be gone within 30 to 90 days of the date that the copied content was removed.

Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Christy for the quick response.  This lays my worrisome Virgo mind to ease. smile  I appreciate the warning as well as the time frame in which it goes away after removal of the offending copied Hub.

Have a great day/night. smile

2. Barbara Kay profile image86
    Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago

had some stay for about a year. It gets confusing if you have lots of them.

Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't have a ton of them, but enough to have to keep checking to try to remember if I have submitted a DMCA removal request or not.  You are right, it is quite confusing.  I wish we had a button we could click on to do a quick check and have the duplicate warning removed.  I know when I remove a broken link, a refresh or within an hour or so, the broken link warning is gone.

working