jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon and Ebay Capsules

1. sweetpikez profile image78
    sweetpikezposted 2 years ago

How many amazon and ebay capsules are allowed in each hub?

2. Snakesmum profile image90
    Snakesmumposted 2 years ago

There doesn't seem to be an actual number, but it's best to keep them to a minimum.
    You should have at least 50 words of text for each Amazon capsule in your hub.   The capsule should only have products which are relevant to  your article.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

If you watch your tips box to the right when you have done a hub, you may see a message about capsules.  What it boils down to is 50 words per capsule. But, the warning is about when you have met the words requirement but have a string of Amazon products, rather than having one Amazon Capsule per text capsule.  There isn't a rule that states you can only have one Amazon capsule per text capsule that I have found.

sweetpikezposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Linda! This lessen my worries about using those capsules.

4. sweetpikez profile image78
    sweetpikezposted 2 years ago

Thanks for your reply Snakesmum. Does this apply for both poetry and professional articles?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's a standard maximum limit for all Hubs.   However, in practice you will use a LOT less than that.

Remember, you don't get paid when people click on an Amazon or eBay capsule, you get paid ONLY if they buy.  Random products with pretty pictures can be very enticing for readers - but if they leave your Hub by clicking on an Amazon ad, they're gone and may never come back to see what else you have to offer, or to visit your other Hubs. 

So, be very picky about whether or not you use Amazon/eBay capsules and only do so if your text is likely to persuade the reader to buy.   Ideally, you should be able to write a recommendation for that particular item.   

Also, be aware that all links in Hubs, including products, must be directly related to your topic.  If they're even vaguely unrelated, your Hub may get unpublished for unrelated links. 

In practice, I wouldn't expect poetry Hubs to be good candidates for product capsules, unless you're selling poetry anthologies.

I'm guessing you're an ex-Squid?   Welcome!  You'll find a couple of Hubs on the slider on my profile that might help.  The one about Flickr would be relevant to you.

sweetpikezposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is very helpful Marisa. I really appreciate your advice. A huge thanks! I'll take your recommendation to read the relevant hub that you made.

By the way, I'm not an ex-squid. I'm a new hubber and still learning a lot of things about HP.