jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Adsense account is linked to an old email address I no longer have

1. Mel92114 profile image60
    Mel92114posted 2 years ago

So now my AdSense application is now being denied. I cannot log into my old email because I no longer have that email account. I want my AdSense account linked to my new email address but I can't log into the old one. What can I do?

Help is greatly appreciated.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Do you remember the password for your old Adsense account?   Your old email address doesn't need to be active for you to log in to Adsense - you're just using it as a username when you log in.

Once logged in, you can update the email.

Mel92114posted 2 years ago in reply to this

No I do not remember the password for the old AdSense account. When I try to have the password resent, it asks for me to allow an SMS text validation code to my old phone number that I no longer have! It's a nightmare. I don't know what to do. If I could just talk to an actual person affiliated with AdSense I could probably resolve the issue but it appears impossible.

Thank you so much for trying to help. It is greatly appreciated.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I  hesitate to suggest this, because it's not "legal" to hold more than one personal Adsense account.   However, there are thousands of people in the world with the same name - so if enough of your details are different, you could apply for a new account and Google will never work out you're the same person who owned that abandoned account.

The big obstacle is your address.  If you're still at the same address as the one on your old account, it won't work.   The other identity points you can deal with - you already have a new email, a new mobile, and it's easy enough to open another bank account for your Adsense earnings. 

The other alternative is if you have a business, in which case you could apply for a business account.

You've made some great points here, Marisa. Thank you so much.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

Thank you, Linda.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60

You are welcome.  Someone recently ran into this problem and did a forum about it, but I forgot who it was. The forum was commented on today so it should not be hard to find.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Here is the forum by a hubber who had same problem
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/125224

You've been very helpful to me, Linda. Thanks again.

working