jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I just deleted a hub

1. Ilonagarden profile image84
    Ilonagardenposted 2 years ago

I felt I had to delete a hub that kept triggering the duplicate content warning. I had noticed that if we keep trying to publish we can get banned from hubpages.

I wasn't sure what the problem was, but suspect it was rooted in how I began the page from trying to improve the focus of my original Squidoo lens. As was common on Squidoo, I branched out the topic (this one was on growing lavender) and had included recipes. It seemed better to just have a recipe hubpage instead.

My mistake: I lifted the recipe portion from the Lavender page and made a new page from it.

At least that was what I thought was triggering it, since I know I wrote all the work myself. The recipe was, however, similar to others on the web.

I have a question about recipes... if we are sharing our favorites, are these going to be a problem since it is likely they are popular and not originally created?

PS: I ran it through online plagiarism checkers and it comes up original (no surprise to me). How can we divide up the Squidoo lenses into more appropriate hubpages without triggering this warning which never seems to go away?

1. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 24 months ago in reply to this

try making a totally new hub on the recipe, don't use back the contents. Maybe will cut off the duplicate marks and also don't use back the same links

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

So, if I understand you correctly, you were trying to cut out part of an existing Hub and use it to create a new Hub?

That will trigger a duplicate warning.   The duplicate warning is not detecting plagiarism, just duplication - so it makes no difference if it's your own work or someone else's. 

The way to do it is:  create the new Hub and save it unpublished. It may show a warning - but it's not published so the warning won't be acted on.   Then save the old Hub with that section removed.   Leave it till tomorrow.  Publish the new Hub.

1. Ilonagarden profile image84
      Ilonagardenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I tried variations of that, but i think I initially screwed up the sequence.

2. Ilonagarden profile image84
      Ilonagardenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the instructions. If I try this again, I will attempt Your procedure,