jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What's the best way to welcome new hubbers?

1. Austinstar profile image75
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

I have Bubblews friends who are trying to convert over to HubPages. What is the best way to welcome them and get them started here?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Austinstar,

It's awesome to see so many Hubbers offering a warm welcome to newbies! smile

Along with being supportive, reading Hubs, etc, it's also a good idea to refer new Hubbers to the Learning Center and the FAQ for info on how to get started and where to find the answers to most HubPages questions. big_smile

2. tillsontitan profile image90
    tillsontitanposted 2 years ago

Availiasvision just posted a forum suggesting that we look for three new hubbers and read their hubs.  He is also listing them, with links, in his forum.
    The best way to welcome them is certainly to read their hubs, doing so gives them confirmation that we know they're here and our comments can encourage them.  Reading them will also list them on our pages and lead other hubbers to read as well.

1. Austinstar profile image75
      Austinstarposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Just tried to post in her forum, but it was closed already.
      I would like to introduce a new convert from Bubblews. We really need to support our new hubbers!
      http://sarahfriedman.hubpages.com/hub/H … tion-Worth
      Please welcome Sarah Friedman!
      Thanks guys,

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

Go to profile page and send her fan mail

4. Availiasvision profile image90
    Availiasvisionposted 2 years ago

I've noticed that our Squid friends are having a hard time adjusting.  Many of them come over here with 100 articles, but have only gained a couple of followers.  Their work is fantastic, but they are discouraged that their work isn't being seen.  So, to encourage new writers, squids and non-squids alike, I started a forum that promotes meeting new writers.   If everyone went out and greeter three new writers and commented on some of their Hubs with zero comments, this site would be a much friendlier place.  Come on over and join us.

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

This is a very nice way to introduce new hubbers and welcome them to HubPages.

6. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

I am glad to see we are back to being a kinder, gentler website. I knew it was only a matter of time before we went back to being our usual, lovable selves. big_smile

1. Availiasvision profile image90
      Availiasvisionposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There will always be a couple of trolls, but let's not let that stop us.  This is catching like wildfire.  Love can be infectious.

1. Availiasvision profile image90
        Availiasvisionposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I also want to show my appreciation to the new Squid members.  I was a little apprehensive when I heard about the buyout--mostly because I'm scared of change.  However, the move has gone so smoothly and I have met so many talented writers. I can tell that Squidoo had a great community. 

I'm just amazed at how well you all have transitioned.  If I found out that HubPages had been bought out, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.  You are all a very resilient bunch! I really believe that this site is better because of the all of you. The way I look at it, I have thousands of new friends to make. 

I really hope that, in time, you will all feel like an important member of this community.