jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Adsense- Lower CTR and eCPMs?

1. Angela Harris profile image73
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

The good news is that I had a record-breaking (for me) traffic day at Hubpages yesterday.

The bad news is that for the last few days both my CTR and eCPM rates have been down- by about half! I know that the Hubpages staff constantly experiments for us Hubbers to get optimal results. At first I thought that maybe some Hubpages experiment had gone terribly wrong. (Sorry, guys, for doubting you.) But it's not on Hubpages's end I'm sure.

I surfed to Webmaster World and found an 8 page thread. Apparently it's a universal problem with Adsense publishers since about mid-October. There has been almost no response from Google support. There are many theories why, but no proof. They range from channels causing problems to Google simply taking a bigger cut.

So, even though I've had record traffic, my actual earnings are down. Just curious, is anyone else here at Hubpages experiencing similar results?

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

I've noticed that AdSense CPM tends to be stagnant or go down a little when traffic is increasing and inch up slowly when traffic isn't growing.  I'm not sure why that is, I think google may respond to any kind upheaval with a precautionary drop in cpm.

At any rate, we haven't seen any significant change across HubPages in the time frame you're talking about in that regard -- perhaps a  4-5% decline (but well within the normal fluctuations).

3. Angela Harris profile image73
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply, Paul. You guys are always great at support. And wow, my traffic here has been fantastic compared to other sites.
    It really stinks, though, that with a traffic increase my earnings drop. I hope it readjusts to my old numbers soon.

4. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

I published a hub earlier regarding this. Google To Cut Adsense Payments!
    Perhaps it may help shed some light in this regard?