jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Search results on Google

1. MarieLB profile image86
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

The subject that #Swisstoons brought up this morning [Avast and Warnings on Hub pages] prompted me to try searching for my hubs on Google.  When I wrote the piece on George Clooney some weeks ago, my hub was quite prominent in searches.  [BTW for some reason my page views on that were practically halved some days ago!!!]
    Today I tried various ways of searching for 6 different hubs, none of them were displayed in the first 2 pages.  I have carefully crafted the title.
    Is this normal, or does it tell me that there is something wrong?
    Will appreciate feedback from the experienced ones here, thanks.

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think we've received a Panda hit from Google. Lots of us are seeing traffic fall.

1. MarieLB profile image86
        MarieLBposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks #Barbara Kay.  I did not put the question very well.  What I would like to know is that if a hub is featured, would you expect to see it appear in the first one or two pages of search, or is this unusual considering the large amount of sites answering to the same search terms?

1. Arco Hess Designs profile image84
          Arco Hess Designsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Being featured has very little to do with Google SERPs. Google takes into account many, many things these days, including page speed, user engagement, quality links back to your page, keyword density, synonym usage and many other things.

So to answer your question, no, you shouldn't assume that you should be on page one or two of Google SERPs unless you have written about a very, very unique subject matter or you have very good content that others want to link to and talk about.