jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Issues receiving Newsletter? Try your SPAM filter

1. makingamark profile image71
    makingamarkposted 2 years ago

I've checked my email settings on https://hubpages.com/my/profile/email and all boxes are ticked - so in theory I SHOULD be getting the HubPages Newsletter

However the nearest I get to it is other people talking about whatever the topic is this week

So how come I don't get the HubPages Newsletter?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As @relache mentioned it may be that the messages are being classified as SPAM by your mail system.
      This FAQ entry has more details.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#not_getting_emails

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Check to see if your email provider thinks the newsletter is spam.

My different accounts get the newsletter on different days which seems stupid, but it's clearly down to the different email services handling the same document with different priorities.

3. makingamark profile image71
    makingamarkposted 2 years ago

I don't this is the answer.

I visually review all my gmail spam before deleting it - and I've not seen a newsletter from HubPages. Plus I'm not having any problems with any of my other HubPages email.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I checked your account and it is showing we sent a newsletter to your email address two days ago on the 15th, but that it was not opened.
      I also see the same for 10/1 and 9/24.
      We sent an newsletter on 9/18 and it does show that it was read.
      Have you checked your SPAM folder and confirmed that the message was not moved there by mistake?

Did you see the 9/18 email?

makingamarkposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the help.

I think I've sussed this out.

Once I found the archive and hence knew what I was looking for I did a search for HubPages Weekly and found them.

All my email goes to a dedicated HubPages email address (makes life simple when you're trying to track something down) and then diverts to my main email. On the latter I'd already set up filters and labels for all the standard emails I knew about and they are channelled into a specific inbox - but this wasn't picking up the HubPages Weekly.

However the huge quantity of emails I get each day (hence the need for filters and labels) meant I missed the newsletters. I went back in and queried a different way and found them - and have now got them set up with their very own filter for "HubPages Weekly"!

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

Until you get it sorted out so that it's sent to your inbox, you can also view the weekly newsletters online here: http://hubpages.com/about/newsletter/

5. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 2 years ago

Does anyone else use your computer and have access to your email account?

makingamarkposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No

working