Comparing AdSense to HubPages statistics

1. jvhirniak profile image93
    jvhirniakposted 2 years ago

I brought this up in discussion over the summer and Hub Pages indicated that they would contact Google about it.  HP told me to start a new thread if the problem wasn't resolved. The problem was, and still is, as follows: My Adsense page views are about 1/10th of those on Hubpages Statistics.  According to Adsense I have 340 page views over the last thirty days.  Hubpages is a completely different narrative: I have 4,500+ page views in the last 30 days. Again, why the disparity? 

The only answer I could come up with is that I configured the Hub Ad program in April and this downward trend with Adsense started about two months later and remains the same today.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

These can be hard to compare as the information in AdSense and HubPages stats will not be from the same time period.

For example, the stats on HubPages show 7 day and 30 day rolling periods (not a month).

AdSense is also showing you data from the views on your impressions, and HubPages views are that of all readers. 

This can also be affected by ad-blocking software as well.

Can you pick a shorter time period (a week perhaps) and perhaps a single Hub that you can share details (screenshots, spreadsheets, etc) so we can see the information you are seeing in your AdSense account?

Please share that with us via email to team at hubpages dot com.

2. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

There is no need to contact Google about this because you are confusing AdSense with your Google Analytics.

As Matt explained  in his reply above, AdSense reporting will be reduced for two reasons: Your AdSense will only count for the 60% of the views that are your own impressions. The other 40% counts towards HubPages' AdSense.

Besides all that, readers who have ad blocking software will avoid AdSense ads altogether. So it's meaningless to try to compare AdSense to page views.

It's more realistic to ask about the comparison of Google Analytics to page views. But this will never match up either, because HubPages reports on a rolling period and Google Analytics reports on a daily period.