I brought this up in discussion over the summer and Hub Pages indicated that they would contact Google about it. HP told me to start a new thread if the problem wasn't resolved. The problem was, and still is, as follows: My Adsense page views are about 1/10th of those on Hubpages Statistics. According to Adsense I have 340 page views over the last thirty days. Hubpages is a completely different narrative: I have 4,500+ page views in the last 30 days. Again, why the disparity?
The only answer I could come up with is that I configured the Hub Ad program in April and this downward trend with Adsense started about two months later and remains the same today.
These can be hard to compare as the information in AdSense and HubPages stats will not be from the same time period.
For example, the stats on HubPages show 7 day and 30 day rolling periods (not a month).
AdSense is also showing you data from the views on your impressions, and HubPages views are that of all readers.
This can also be affected by ad-blocking software as well.
Can you pick a shorter time period (a week perhaps) and perhaps a single Hub that you can share details (screenshots, spreadsheets, etc) so we can see the information you are seeing in your AdSense account?
Please share that with us via email to team at hubpages dot com.
There is no need to contact Google about this because you are confusing AdSense with your Google Analytics.
As Matt explained in his reply above, AdSense reporting will be reduced for two reasons: Your AdSense will only count for the 60% of the views that are your own impressions. The other 40% counts towards HubPages' AdSense.
Besides all that, readers who have ad blocking software will avoid AdSense ads altogether. So it's meaningless to try to compare AdSense to page views.
It's more realistic to ask about the comparison of Google Analytics to page views. But this will never match up either, because HubPages reports on a rolling period and Google Analytics reports on a daily period.
by Loris Bagnara20 months ago
Hello, does anybody noticed a huge difference between Google Analitics statistics reports, and Hubpages statistics reports?In my case, over the same period, Google Analitics reports a number of visitors 4 times larger...
by John Mark3 years ago
I saw where this issue has been addressed in the past and supposedly corrected. But for many weeks now, especially toward the end of the week and weekends, my HubPages stats will not update for hours and sometimes even...
by Set's All Set7 years ago
I don't know if has been mentioned here before but I want an option that would omit myself as data from the hubpages statistics. I view my own pages often to proof read and tweak my hubs. I notice that the page view...
by K Kiss2 years ago
For the past 3 days my hubpages statistics have not been updated. I saw a notice from hubpages twice on my accounts section stating that hubpages is going through some maintenance and that statistics will be updated in...
by WriterKat2 years ago
My statistics don't seem to be refreshing as frequently as before. Currently I can see statistics from 29 hours ago and this has been going on for 1 month now. When can I hope to see my stats refresh regularly and know...
by Andrew Smith2 years ago
I recently posted about hitting 25 Hubs (just published my 28th today too, yay!) and getting the notification that I was in the top 3% of Hubbers as a result (maybe it was as a result; the language was somewhat...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.