jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

HubPages Staff Please Help! My AdSense Account is totally screwed!

1. Mel92114 profile image59
    Mel92114posted 2 years ago

My AdSense account is linked to an old email address and phone number that I no longer have. I do not have the password to the old email and when trying to have the password re-sent to me, I cannot allow the SMS text that validates that I am who I am which will make it possible to retrieve the password, to be sent to the phone number on file because I no longer have that phone number. I still know the phone number but it's no longer my number.

I've searched and searched Google AdSense help forums, etc. and have done everything I know possible to do, no resolution whatsoever. I simply want to be able to validate who I am so I can reclaim my account (or delete it and reapply with my new name) that sits unusable.

I'm denied AdSense with my new name here because I'm linked to the old account that I cannot access.

It's a nightmare and if the staff here at HubPages can please help me, I'm forever in your debt.

Thank you for anything you can do.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Silly question but did you actually delete the old email, or is it still sitting somewhere?  Is there any way you could access it so you could request the password for it?

Mel92114posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Not a silly question at all and thank you for responding. Yes, I deleted the email account entirely. I did not know at the time how badly a predicament (relating to my AdSense) it would put me in or else I wouldn't have ever deleted it.

At the time, I'd recently had my identity stolen so I closed out all of my personal accounts just to be safe. What a mess now, all from a single innocent deleted account.

I was able to start a fresh email account with the "old" email address name but my AdSense account is linked to the my old phone number so I can't allow the SMS text to verify who I am.

2. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this
    3. Valerie P Davis profile image82
      Valerie P Davisposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Read through this thread:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/ … qUjfZwut38

The OP was in your situation, and was finally able to establish his identity and regain access to his account.

This is great, Valerie. Thank you! Maybe there is hope!

2. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 2 years ago via iphone

See Writer Fox answer above.

1. 70
      JCShealthposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hello,

To my understanding Google only lets you open one account per person for life.
      Try to call them or email them and see how you can explain your situation. I'm having a similar problem right now with my Adsense account. Everytime I log into my adsense account it says is under review but this been for a week already. I will give it two weeks and then I will forget about Adsense and see other ways to make money.

You joined 10 days ago and you have only 5 Hubs.  Adsense won't even consider you until you have at least 15 Hubs AND have been here at least a month.

You can have a business account as well as a personal one.  However payments are then made to the "company name" so I'm not sure whether the OP would need an actual company name. 

Unfortunately Google makes it impossible to contact anyone directly - the best you can do is ask in the forums and even then, you may not get much help.

3. Mel92114 profile image59
    Mel92114posted 2 years ago

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Yes, at this point, I'm simply at Google's mercy. Unless they contact me, it will likely never be resolved, sadly. It's something that could easily be remedied if I could speak with them directly to validate who I am. Probably wouldn't take 2 minutes. Very disheartening.

Thanks again for the suggestions and help.

Have you looked into the business account option?

I haven't ruled that out. I'm exhausting all efforts before doing so, but it may certainly come to that. Thanks, Marisa.

working