jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

following hubbers

1. m abdullah javed profile image80
    m abdullah javedposted 2 years ago

What's your criteria of following a hubber?

1. 0
      sheilamyersposted 24 months ago in reply to this

My main criteria is they have to write about topics that interest me. I can't see following someone if I'm never going to read any of their hubs.

2. Melinda Longoria profile image87
    Melinda Longoriaposted 24 months ago

I try to follow hubbers which have better stats than mine. They have more hubs for one. This way, I can learn from their example. Also, I've also followed new hubbers in an attempt to encourage and motivate them. But as this negatively impacts your hub score, I don't follow new hubbers that often. That's terrible and I wish the system were set up to encourage instead of discourage helping newer hubbers.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
      Jayne Lancerposted 24 months ago in reply to this

The negative impact this has on your hubber score is to discourage mass following sprees and the 'follow back' mentality.

I mostly follow hubbers whose work I'm likely to read.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 24 months ago

I have to actually want to read their stuff.

1. lisavollrath profile image88
      lisavollrathposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Yep. That.

1. m abdullah javed profile image80
        m abdullah javedposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the response. I think the in depth knowledge and ideological approach of the hubbers need to be understand through the following. And as an encouragement we need to follow a new hubber as well. What I feel is there is insufficient comments and there follow ups. We hardly find one or two comments and that's over.

4. Snakesmum profile image89
    Snakesmumposted 24 months ago

If they write about a topic that interests me, or a hub catches my attention when browsing, I'll read them.   If I enjoy the writing, I'll follow them.

5. Titia profile image89
    Titiaposted 24 months ago

I mostly follow my old Squidmates, haven't had time yet to fully explore other hubbers with all the squb updating going on.

6. Elsie Hagley profile image81
    Elsie Hagleyposted 24 months ago

I follow anyone, especially members that don't have many followers and are still new, learning to write, after all we all started like that and those new members need encouragement, i'm not worried about earning, only helping others.

On Squidoo I was a RocketSquid Greeter for many months, right from the beginning when that club was started.

7. ArtDiva profile image84
    ArtDivaposted 24 months ago

What a nice gesture.

8. athulnair profile image66
    athulnairposted 24 months ago

Depends on the topic which you like.