jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

DUPE: A New Glitch Regarding Titles

1. bushaex profile image84
    bushaexposted 2 years ago

I first noticed this glitch yesterday. When in editing, each Hub transferred from Squidoo now says — A Hub with an earlier publication date already used this title.

During the last several days, I have also seen Hub scores fluctuate wildly. One went from 92 to 78, and others also seemed to be emulating a stock market correction.

Perhaps the Hub scores are fluctuating because of the totally wrong message about another Hub using the same title?

In any case, something is wrong! In part, this is just another indication (in my not so humble opinion) that Hub scores are worse than worthless -- they are effectively doing real damage by sending erroneous messages to everyone. Why does HubPages insist on keeping this lemon on the job?

As for the erroneous title message, what is going on?

1. Shades-of-truth profile image87
      Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There has been a known issue about the title notification. I experienced it on most of the hubs I had that I was editing. See the thread here:

Hope this helps!

1. bushaex profile image84
        bushaexposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your help! I do find it disconcerting that we continue to get such inaccurate replies from HubPages about issues like this. Would it hurt for them to admit that there is a mystery problem that they can't fix instead of pointing the finger back at the writers on the site? For example, I have very unique titles and nobody else on HubPages has used them. And yet the official HubPages reply is that the message about duplicate titles is actually accurate instead of a symptom that something is very wrong behind the scenes. If this is supposed to be an acceptable glitch, it is one that is clearly wasting everyone's time -------- just as the Hub scores are also a meaningless distraction.

2. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, didn't notice that but my hubscire did drop from 92 to 89 even after i revamp my old hubs

2. jenniferyaniz profile image70
    jenniferyanizposted 2 years ago

same here, gone from 70's and 80's to 47 and now 52 for overall. 2 hubs were removed for supposed duplicate content and I had to edit two others before they were reposted. The Google update is creating havoc

Closed to reply