jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

KNOWN ISSUE: Intermittent issues affecting HubTool usage in IE

  1. Nathanville profile image88
    Nathanvilleposted 2 years ago

    Often when editing the cursor doesn’t work in text areas in capsules; I’m not sure if it’s an incompatibility issue with the browser I’m using and HubPages e.g. Internet Explorer, or whether it’s a general minor bug within HubPages. 

    However, I find the simple solution is to save or close the capsule without saving, click in the SUMMARY box and then go back to edit whichever capsule you’re working on. 
    I find this solution to a minor irritation works every time, and it only takes a moment;  I don’t know if anyone else has had similar problems.

    Useful recipe for large surplus of green tomatoes at the end of the growing season

    1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

      Hi @Nathanville.

      We have noticed some intermittent issues with Internet Explorer.
      I was able to reproduce some of these issues using IE10 and IE11 in Windows 7 and Windows 8.

      In my observation, you may have issues with a Hub and then those issues may not persists if you try to edit the same Hub later.

      I have passed this information on to our engineering team so we can try to get it fixed.
      In the meantime, it appears using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome avoids these problems in the HubTool.

      Thanks for your patience, and please let me know if you notice any other specifics.
      Eg. This only affects one or a few Hubs.

  2. Nathanville profile image88
    Nathanvilleposted 2 years ago

    Hi Matthew,
    Thanks, FYI, the issue never happens on a first edit of a text area in a capsule, it only occurs when trying to add or edit text in the second and or subsequent capsules e.g. with all my hubs recently being transferred over from Squidoo, while checking them in edit mode to ensure they met with the HubPages standards I would be deleting, editing and moving existing capsules (of all types) around the page, and adding new ones.  In editing or adding text in a module, the first module would be fine, but on the second and subsequent capsule edits the issue would frequently occur, sometimes for just about every capsule and sometimes almost every other time.

    This issue occurred for all 162 hubs which I recently re-edited and it was regardless to the type of capsule e.g. in the text areas of text, photo and map capsules etc.

    I do have Firefox as a backup in the event of any major browser compatibility issues with IE, but as clicking in the Summary box cleared the issue every time it was only a minor irritant with a quick fix.  So being more comfortable in using IE I didn’t get around to trying Firefox, although, if it would be beneficial to you I could give it a try over the weekend or next week to see if I can replicate the same issue in Firefox.

    1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

      Thanks Nathanville!

      I witnessed the inconsistent issues as well.
      Thanks for sharing details.
      I am passing all of this info to our engineers so hopefully we can get this tracked down and fixed soon.
      In the meantime, you might want to try Firefox or Chrome as so far they do not seem to be affected.