jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

FIXED: 2nd maps capsule doesn't update map view in HubTool

1. Nathanville profile image89
    Nathanvilleposted 2 years ago

When adding maps to a hub the first one is fine.  However, if I add more than one map to a hub the second and subsequent maps don’t automatically refresh in edit mode.
    I’m not sure whether it’s a compatibility issue with the browser I use and HubPages e.g. Internet Explorer; and I don’t know if anyone else has experience this.
    However, I find the simple solution is to:-
    •    Do what you can with editing the map
    •    Save it
    •    Publish the hub, and then
    •    Go back into Edit Hub so that you can continue editing the map before republishing your Hub.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We are aware of some issues affecting the map capsule.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2656153

Does the problem only occur when you are using Internet Explorer?
      Does clearing your browser cache and restarting have any effect?
      Does it persist in Firefox?

If you can share the title and/or URL for a specific Hub I can look into it further.
      Let me know which capsules are problematic as well.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78

This should now be fixed.
      I tested in IE11 in Windows 7 and 8 and was able to add two pins to the same map succssfully.

Nathanvilleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.

2. Nathanville profile image89
    Nathanvilleposted 2 years ago

Hi Matthew,
    No I tried Google Chrome, and the same issue.
    Yes, refreshing the page while still in edit mode in both IE and Google Chrome does refresh the map.

I haven’t tried Firefox, I thought I had Firefox as my backup browser, but in rechecking this issue it turns out that it’s Google Chrome which I currently have as the secondary browser.

I just retested the issue by trying to recreate the first map (Lynton and Lynmouth, Devon, England) in my Hub entitled Steam Trains and Water Gravity Powered Trains in Britain; and in doing so in both IE and Google Chrome the map failed to refresh in both browser (to show the correct location) until I pressed the browser’s refresh button.

This problem occurred for all my Hubs where I added two or more map capsules, predominantly my ‘Travel Hubs’; and when initially editing those Hubs (recently transferred from Squidoo) it was never the first map capsule I added, it was when adding the second and subsequent map capsules to a Hub.

I hope this helps.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78

Thanks for all the helpful details @Nathanville!

I confirmed the issue you described in Internet Explorer and will test some other browsers as well.

I have passed this information to our engineering team, so hopefully we can get a fix deployed soon!

Thanks for your continued patience.

I know this may not help if the locations are far from each other, but you can add multiple pins to the same map capsule.

Nathanvilleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Matthew, yes multiple pins on the same map capsule is at times very handy, especially if the locations are quite close to each other; so I have used them when possible on some of my hubs in preference to adding another further map capsules, although I think there is scope on future re-edits to combine some map capsules in some of my travel hubs where destinations are further apart.

working