jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Copyright infringement

1. Linda Pogue profile image79
    Linda Pogueposted 2 years ago

One of my best hubs has been copied to multiple places on the web, including LinkedIn's www.slideshare.net site (which actually  has two different members copying my article), slidee.com and storify.com. I have sent a copyright infringement notice to LinkedIn, but cannot find where to send the notice to slide and storify.

Storify and Slidee have a link back to my hubpage. The link on Storify works, the link on Slidee does not.  Is this a concern?

1. lisavollrath profile image89
      lisavollrathposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Slideshare's terms and copyright policy link back to LinkedIn, so I'd file the DMCA with them.

Slidee.com is hosted by Wiredtree.com.

Storify.com is hosted by CloudFlare.com.

Linda Pogueposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! I have contacted Storify and will contact Wiredtree for the Slidee infringement.

1. Writer Fox profile image80
          Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

CloudFlare is not a hosting provider and does not host websites.  CloudFlare is an intermediary. What you need to do is file on this form: https://www.cloudflare.com/abuse.

Within a few days, Cloudflare will send you an email telling you which company is really hosting the website and then you will need to file a DMCA with that hosting company.

1. lisavollrath profile image89
            lisavollrathposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Oh, good catch. I just posted whatever info was provided by whoishostingthis.com.

Good news!
              I sent an email requesting the Storify copy of my article be removed and it has been removed.  I received an email letting me know, and when I checked the link, it was gone. Yay!
              Thanks to lisavollrath and Writer Fox for your help.

1. Writer Fox profile image80
                Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's got to be a record for getting something removed which is diverted to caches on CloudFlare.  Are you sure your content is offline on the plagiarist's site?

1. janshares profile image88
                  jansharesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I had a swift response yesterday from Wordpress about one of mine that was copied. I received a reply from my DMCA complaint in less than a day and the article was removed as well. Thanks to a helpful hubber, I was made aware of the infringement on this forum where it was said that other copied hubs are posted:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/125987

I think when we know exactly where to send/file our complaints, actions are expedited faster.

I agree. It is great to work with people who are so helpful.

2. 0
                Leilani Allmonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yay! Good for you. Sometimes just being assertive can get things done. I had someone steal an article of mine, and I requested by e-mail for it to be removed. But I think it took close to two weeks for it to finally come down. The copyright fairies are with you my friend.

2. Kailua-KonaGirl profile image87
    Kailua-KonaGirlposted 2 years ago

I wouldn't have removed it if it linked back to me. IMHO that is free advertisement. On the other hand, if I was not getting credit for my work with a link back to me, only then would I request to have it removed.

working