jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

These hubscores are driving me crazy.

1. Craan profile image82
    Craanposted 2 years ago

Hubscores on HubPages fluctuate frequently, when they go up I feel good and when they go down I feel bad. HubPages should give us individual reasons why our hub scores are changing and especially our Profile Hubscore. This way you will be given the opportunity to update your hub so it ranks higher in search engines. Do you think this is a good idea?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Basically the scores on our hubs have no impact at all on anything.  They simply are a way of telling you how your article "stacks up" based on the chart in the learning center, which, by the way, you should take the time to read.  Readership influences them, but they do not influence readership.  Nobody likes them, but they are what they are.

2. calculus-geometry profile image87
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hubberscore is based on how attractive HP staff finds you, how much gas you have in your tank, and how frequently you water your plants.

1. Rae-LeighDawn profile image59
        Rae-LeighDawnposted 23 months ago in reply to this

lol Calculus...

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 23 months ago

Hubscores change all the time, because they are not based on a static QAP score.  They also are based on the traffic and engagement on the hub, and other factors. 

There is also a random factor that moves it up and down in ranking.  I actually like this fact.  This means that if my hub has a score of 100, it will appear at the top of the page on the explore hubs page.  But from time to time, it will go down below that.  This means that other hubs (hopefully mine but not just mine) will get a chance to rank higher, and it also means that a scraper won't know which of my hubs is actually my best one. It is fairer to all the hubs this way.  Otherwise the same hubs would get all the attention.

Instead of looking at the specific number, I look at the range.  My hub at 100 is getting an A, but if it drops down to 90, it is still an A. As long as it is above 85, I'm fine with it.  The hubs in the 60s and 70s are the ones that I feel the need to correct.