jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

A word for those worried about competition due to the lens transfers

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 24 months ago

While I understand that Google sets a limit on how they rank work on the same topics within a domain, and while some are upset about the influx of writers that may be causing such "duplicates", I want to remind everybody that we used to have around 250,000 writers here on HP.  I also would add that we compete daily with millions of other writers from around the globe.  Furthermore, the competition grows worse daily as people "sign on" to writing sites.  Competition has always been with us, and we either learn to rise above it or not.  The bottom line is that if you are good, you are good, and you should never let competition worry  you.  It's a waste of time.

2. Titia profile image88
    Titiaposted 24 months ago

Amen and I fully agree!

1. Huntgoddess profile image85
      Huntgoddessposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Same here Titia.

We write because we love it, and we hope we have something of value to give.

Even if I never make a penny.

3. clivewilliams profile image82
    clivewilliamsposted 24 months ago

I live for the competition, i thrive to compete, and guess what, competition only pushes you to do better and by doing better you get better rankings and by getting better rankings  you earn more money and by earning more money you try to write better articles and by trying to write better articles you become a super author and by becoming a super author you get your face plastered on high class magazines and by getting your face plastered on high class magazines you land writing deals and by landing writing deals.....oh well you get the idea!

1. Zackary Lynch profile image60
      Zackary Lynchposted 24 months ago in reply to this

I agree 100 percent clive. Competition pushes people to become better and strive for excellence.

2. makingamark profile image76
      makingamarkposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Writing certainly pays off in a number of different ways!

I've been asked to write articles for magazines (for payment) and my artwork and commentary has been featured in books......

I got my book deal (with a reputable publisher) through writing my blog and becoming well known in the field I write in. 

The UK, USA and Asia (in English) editions of my art instruction book arrived at my home this week - and should be in the shops by Christmas!

4. KathyMcGraw2 profile image81
    KathyMcGraw2posted 24 months ago

"Let the best man (hub) win!"   Sounds good to me, because that is what it's all about everywhere.

In the store every toy is in competition with another one, every new tablet is  in competition with another brand, and the new phones are in competition. 

There are so many different reasons a consumer will choose one product (article) over another, and it's our job to figure out how to give the best product in the environment we choose to display it.  That could be HP, our own site, another site, or in a printed or downloadable format.

Without competition there would be even more mediocre articles and sites than there are now.  Some people work to do the very best they can....but let's face it, even then that might not be good enough! 

There are factors we can control, and ones we can't.  My focus is only on what I can control.  Saves me time and energy smile

1. makingamark profile image76
      makingamarkposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Let's also not forget - all potential hosts are also in competition for our content! wink