1. spectacled-bear profile image87
    spectacled-bearposted 2 years ago

I  can write!

I can read!

This is not the freshest idea in the world, I realize, but I got an email from Hubpages suggesting a challenge, so here it is!

I write science fiction, detective, humor, and more. I'm not interested in critiquing novels that are violent, x-rated, and so on. If you have to ask yourself if it's appropriate, then I'm not interested. Apart from that, I'm open to most genres.

Best, Bob

2. grand old lady profile image87
    grand old ladyposted 2 years ago

I'm not sure of the process involved, but if this thread is supposed to be a way to commit to Nanowrimo and to write a novel, I'm in. If you are the leader, I'd be glad to get some nudges from you telling me to move on until it's done.

3. spectacled-bear profile image87
    spectacled-bearposted 2 years ago

Hello grand-old-lady,

Great! Glad to know you're in.

The email I got from hubpages suggested posting book chapters as they were completed. That sounded like a good idea to me. Since Nanowrimo is 50,000 words in one month, something like 25 chapters of 2,000 words each would work. Of course, it could be 10 chapters of 5,000 words, or some other number.

I'll follow you, read your chapters, and comment. You'll follow me, read my chapters, and comment. If at the end of the month either of us thinks that our novel is publishable as an ebook or a paper novel, we can unpublish it from hubpages.

That's really all there is to it. I'm not the leader, just another writer.

Nice to meet you. Your hubs look great!