editing option

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)
  1. m abdullah javed profile image75
    m abdullah javedposted 9 years ago

Why there is no editing option after the submission of a question?

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It should give you 5 minutes after you post.
      I've often wished for more time, or even to be able to edit it anytime

m abdullah javedposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yeah exactly deborah. Lets hope for the best.

2. Kylyssa profile image91
    Kylyssaposted 9 years ago

There's a very practical reason for it.  On other Q&A sites way back when, it was a common misuse of the sites to ask questions in inflammatory ways and then later change the wording to make the people who had already answered sound like horses' arses, idiots, or bullies.

While I'd like to be able to fix my grammatical errors and reword things I later realize don't make much sense, I would not like to see the misuses that come with allowing the questions to be changed.

m abdullah javedposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps this may be the reason behind, very well said. Thanks kylyssa

2. profile image0

I never thought of it this way, but you're right.
      I suppose everyone should adopt something I've learned to do,
      and that is writing what you are going to say into text edit, and checking it for spelling and grammar errors before posting anywhere

3. Lionrhod profile image77
      Lionrhodposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'd never thought of that because...it's something I just wouldn't do. My integrity is highly important to me, and I can't imagine trying to make other folks look stupid.

At the same time, I could see where this might happen.

Yup me, I tend to be a grammar/spelling Nazi, and any time I see an error crop up in one of my posts it drives me buggy, so I'd love to be able to fix that. I also have a tendency to edit a post halfway through and sometimes that turns into half sentences that change directions in the middle.

The grammar or spelling mistakes and typos of others doesn't bother me near as much as my own, as I tend to hold myself (perhaps stupidly) to a very high standard.

That's probably true of many of us writers.

I appreciate your explanation!

1. Kylyssa profile image91
        Kylyssaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh, it was miserable.  It put me off answering questions on such sites for years and until after most of them had put something in place to prevent questions from changing. 

I hate it when people twist my words by changing their context.  A mercenary hate group here in Michigan took a sentence out of a piece I wrote on homelessness referring to the fact that it often isn't safe for homeless people near homeless shelters to make it sound like homeless people are dangerous.  They used it on a flier to sell mercenary services because a homeless shelter opened up in town.  I kid you not, they train people in the use of assault weapons and have mercenaries for hire they claim will patrol and protect you from homeless people if you live near a homeless shelter.

The people I was saying weren't safe near shelters were the homeless people!  Folks like those who took my words out of context are probably just the sort of people that make such areas unsafe for homeless people.

1. Lionrhod profile image77

Wow. Just freaking wow.

Homelessness is one of the subjects near and dear to my heart.

While I've never been technically homeless I've come darn close more than once.

As such I respect and when I can, attempt to help my local homeless folks. Also consider that if you need inside info, your local homeless just might be the ones who are tapped into what's going on.

I was, while I could afford to, a member of Food Not Bombs, a local (and national) group that attempts to provide food to the hungry. It ticked me off that Orlando did everything possible to make feeding the hungry illegal.

3. chaymae profile image59
    chaymaeposted 9 years ago

you are right

4. Moyanm profile image58
    Moyanmposted 9 years ago

I was floored when I read they did everything to make feeding the homeless illegal "wow" so it it officially illegal to feed the homeless? That's just unethical Sham on them

1. profile image0

They can feed them, but only in designated areas

1. Lionrhod profile image77

Basically it's illegal to feed more than 3 people without getting a permit. Getting said permit is very challenging. (And the rules change every couple weeks just to keep us on our toes.) There are designated places where you can feed more than 3 people. These are generally outside of the area where the homeless can reach comfortably. They are usually also in bad neighborhoods and not conducive to safety for anyone involved.

Disney and its minions would like to put on the happy face for our tourist clientele. Therefore they do any/everything to hide our homeless and drive them from our streets.

Just the other day a friend and I were discussing that if Disney really wanted to do good, they could easily create a shelter and soup kitchen and a bus system to take the folks to Disney jobs. (Disney always needs cooks, cleaners, hotel maids, etc.)  Not likely to happen, since Walt was the last one there who cared.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)