jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Newbie in need of assistance

1. Jordan Wright profile image79
    Jordan Wrightposted 24 months ago

Hello Hub Community! As you can probably tell, I'm the newbie here! My name is Jordan and I am currently a junior in highschool. I love trying out new things and being the best at everything I do. With that being said, do any of you guys have any startup tips I can take with me? Also, if you have the time, maybe look at my first hub I published not too long ago and possibly give me some feedback? Thank you guys!

1. calculus-geometry profile image86
      calculus-geometryposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Forgive the short answer, but you will find lots of useful information here http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents and maybe this Learning Center entry in particular if you want tips on how to get more readers
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … line-Brand
      Best of luck to you!

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Hi Jordan,

You mention in your post that you are a junior in high school. Are you 18 or older? You must be at least 18 years old to write on HubPages.

2. Kalafina profile image78
    Kalafinaposted 24 months ago

I'm still kinda new here myself smile but was on squidoo for years which has much in common with hubpages. My biggest advice would simply be to write on what you love vs for profit (at least when you start). Also, check out other writer's works and see what kinda niche you might have. For example, I have a chronic illness so I write a lot on things pertaining to it or other loves I have.
    Also, I feel I must warn you. Sometimes forums can be a cold place but feel free to ask writers one on one if there is something you find they really do well. I find this approach has been the most helpful smile
    Finally, try hopping some hubs. They give you a good idea of the extremes in writing you may find and people's writing styles/what they do. I will try to check out your hub! and welcome!