jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Can't apply for adsense. It keeps associating my email with my school.

1. Lissa Clason profile image91
    Lissa Clasonposted 2 years ago

Hi, I am trying to apply for adsense, but I am running into problems. I tried to create a new gmail account (my school also uses gmail, but I didn't want to use my school email address for this), but it thinks that the new email address is somehow associated with my college account and tells me to contact the domain administrator to enable me to apply for adsense. I want to create a completely separate gmail account where I am the administrator so I can apply for adsense without hitting this problem. How would I do that?
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11940863.png

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It looks like you are using a college computer, which blocks access to some functions.

Lissa Clasonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am using my own laptop. However, I do live in the dorms and use the school's internet, so maybe that's the problem?

2. The Examiner-1 profile image84
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Change your email account from gmail account to another (such as AT&T, AOL, etc.).

So you can use a non-gmail email address to apply for Adsense?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image84

I have AT&T and had no problem when I applied. I am sure that many other Hubbers have many other email addresses.

3. Lissa Clason profile image91

I figured out what to do now, by a bit of trial and error. I removed the school email address from the list on the sign in page (not deleting it, just taking it out of the list), and then created another google account. This one had full administrative abilities, so I was able to apply for adsense. Apparently it associates everything with the school email account if it is on the same sign in list. Thank you for your help everyone, this question can be closed now. Hopefully I'll be accepted!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image84

You are welcome Lissa, congratulations and good luck. By the way, welcome to HubPages smile

2. Barack James profile image85
    Barack Jamesposted 2 years ago

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp
    Like Merisa have said; use another different IP address: May be a cyber outside your school!

3. Dressage Husband profile image80
    Dressage Husbandposted 2 years ago

Do you have any blogs or web sites with their own E mail addresses? You could use one of them if you do, failing that you could try using the computer at a local library or store that provides public access. It is not clear to me exactly what your problem is, but like others have said it looks like the school has limited your access to some functions.

Using an E mail address from your own web domain always should work as it would not be restricted. You do not have to use a Gmail account to apply for Adsense. The reason they like you to is so you can use Google's one account sign on which automatically will allow you to use all of your Google services from just one sign on.

Yes it looks like the IP addresses allocated all belong to the school and they are being restricted, so only the administrator can allow full service web access. The school are trying to provide a higher level of security than the norm, probably to protect students from spammers etc.

4. ladyguitarpicker profile image84
    ladyguitarpickerposted 2 years ago

I have had no problem, and I do have different email addresses. Wish I could be more helpful to you. If I find anything I'll let you know. Stella

5. ladyguitarpicker profile image84
    ladyguitarpickerposted 2 years ago

I have had no problem, and I do have different email addresses. Wish I could be more helpful to you. If I find anything I'll let you know. Stella

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

Lissa: I did some searching and found others in your situation.  This is the primary response:

Some colleges have it set up so nobody can set up Adsense accounts.

This means, you have to get away from the university Internet hook-up.

working