jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Adding Amazon Associates Link to a Hub

1. envllc profile image61
    envllcposted 2 years ago

I am having difficulty adding an Amazon Associate link to a hub. When I paste the link into the Amazon hotlink field it tells me its an invalid link because it is too long. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? Thanks in advance.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

If you are using the Amazon capsule all you need is ASIN or ISBN

If you are using a text link, Amazon provides you with a shortened link.  Go to your associate account page enter the ASIN to get the product, click on get link and at the top right you, should see shortened link, so get that.

3. envllc profile image61
    envllcposted 2 years ago

Thank you so much Linda, I will give it a go. Appreciate it smile

4. envllc profile image61
    envllcposted 2 years ago

Worked perfectly... thank you thank you.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

Remember that only 2 text links to same domain are permitted which means only 2 text links for Amazon, 2 text links for Share a sale, etc.

Since you are an Amazon associate, you can use Amazon capsules.  Just go to my account, click on earnings tab, scroll down to earning program settings, click on configure button for amazon and put your Associate ID there, unless you are part of HP earnings program and have decided to take part of HP Amazon program, which you need Adsense account for.  In the event you are participating in the HP Amazon program, then you would have to use your text links for personal associate account.

envllcposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for the additional information. I have yet to be accepted by Google Adsense. They keep saying I don't have enough content. But one issue at a time, and you gave me two avenues to use.  Thanks again, Tom

1. Dressage Husband profile image78
        Dressage Husbandposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Tom,

You will need about 10 Hubs and to have been a member for at least one month before Adsense will let you be accepted as a Hubber account. If you also Blog then you need a Blog that has been established for over a month.

envllcposted 2 years ago in reply to this

DH thanks for the added information. Sounds like I need to stop scratching my head, and get my fingers going on more Hubs. I get the feeling that patience is a virtue in getting all these venues functioning. Hats off to you Sir!

working