jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Hub with Potential Might Die

1. 85
    infostreamnetworkposted 24 months ago

I've put a huge amount of effort into developing a high quality hub but because of how HubPages works it may get canned soon because its not getting much traffic. The Hub is: http://infostreamnetwork.hubpages.com/h … -Invest-In so you know what I'm talking about. 

Its currently right at the top of page two for the search "Best FTSE 100 Shares to Buy" and I expect that if I can get it into the first page the traffic will explode. However, it takes time to do this and I worry the hub may be taken down before then. Worse still I can't republish or it will be considered duplicate content by Google.

Do you guys have any tips that will help me get the hub on the first page or keep it alive for a little longer. Any help would be much appreciated as I've put a huge amount of work into this hub.

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Why do you think the hub will be taken down?

1. 85
        infostreamnetworkposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Lack of engagement

2. CuAllaidh profile image80
    CuAllaidhposted 24 months ago

seems like the op is fishing for clicks

1. 85
      infostreamnetworkposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Not the case. My Adsense is running around 100K/month so a handful of clicks won't move the needle or be worth my time. The form rules permit links in this section and my question is honest. Without posting a link peoples ability to help will be reduced as they can't see the hub I'm concerned about to spot what I am doing wrong.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 24 months ago

Lack of engagement means your Hub is not answering people's questions when they arrive.

A financial advisor with no profile photo, no educational background and almost no web content written up over two years is not what people recommend to me when I am looking to pick some new stocks.  Your personal presentation alongside your Hub does not seem to lend support to your credibility.

The title of your Hub is already deeply established on the web.  There are dozens of huge financial sites that already have massive authority for that common phrasing and keywords.  That may make your task more challenging.

I can't find anything in your info that really stands out as distinctive and unique as far as your actual financial advice.  Saying the same stuff as other sites makes it more of a challenge to get eyeballs versus having a unique voice, perspective and information.

You expect that if you can get it to the front page of Google, the traffic will explode....have you logged out of Google (to shut down personalized results) and actually looked at who is on the first page for your topic and title? 

Did you check with admin to see if promoting stock for alcohol manufacturers is interpreted as a TOS violation?  It will be problematic if the Hub gets unpublished for violating the AdSense rule around alcohol promotion.

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 24 months ago in reply to this

This is why you are a valuable asset to this community. I could never be able to accurately analyze a hub this way.