jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Help! Someone stole some of my hubs - what to do?

1. Cardia profile image90
    Cardiaposted 24 months ago

I saw on my account page that at least three of my Hubs were copied and published on other sites - Slideshare, Blogspot and a Turkish site called Ozeldersin. I've never had this happen before (although I knew it was only a matter of time) but how do I take action about this?
    I see on the top of my hub that I can file a DMCA again the sites but will this take them down? What else can I do?

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 24 months ago in reply to this

If they have copied the entire hub file the DMCA with the host of the website. Notifying the writer probably won't help. Reputable companies will take them down immediately.

2. Pollyanna Jones profile image99
      Pollyanna Jonesposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I had my first experience of this today. I found one of my Hubs copied and pasted word for word (with pictures!) on a popular forum, and it had been posted by someone with Moderator powers on there! I registered with the forum and posted in the thread, politely explaining that I'd been directed there as I had received an alert that one of my articles had been stolen, and explained to them what fair use is. I then politely asked them to amend their post to just have a few snippets from the article, rather than all of it. When I got back from work today, the entire thread had been deleted, so the copied content has been removed.

I was worrying that it would be difficult to get a result with this sort of thing, but thankfully this website was reasonable enough to do the right thing quickly. No apology of course, but at least my material is mine again!

I hope this sort of thing doesn't happen too often..!

2. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 23 months ago

I had one my recipe hubs stolen and published on another site. I filed the DMCA with that website but I am sure it has been taken down because I received no email from that website.

3. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 23 months ago

* I meant I am not sure it has been taken down...