jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Hubs, Traffic and Pinterest

1. HomeArtist1 profile image37
    HomeArtist1posted 24 months ago

I'm not one to promote my work for two reasons: I'm not tech savvy and there seems (to me) to be too many issues with rogue websites grabbing content  and running with it.

I know all that may be nonsensical but it's worked for me to let the natural course of time take the ball growing in ranks.

Anyway, I've noticed a lot of my traffic is from Pinterest (two of my articles were shared over 9k times), impressed, I recently started pinning stuff myself.

Here's my question: how does Pinterest engagement affect our hubs overall?

2. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 24 months ago

I love Pinterest and use it to promote my blogs, websites and hubs - but I also use it in general, so that I am not only self-promoting.  What I pin is maybe 1/5th or less of my own stuff and the rest is other things, organized neatly into boards that people want to follow.  I title my boards according to what people would be searching for and I have gained a lot of followers.  It is a visual platform that I enjoy very much.  My latest site/blog dedicated to my graphic arts is taking off in no small part due to Pinterest.

Pinterest is my primary source of traffic to Hubs.  I gave up on trying to appease Google a long time ago and shifted my focus to social media.  It's worked for me.  My traffic is down a bit since the latest Panda bite, but nowhere near what others have experienced and this is because I get significant social media traffic daily.  My websites are doing well on Google despite me not engaging in hundreds of hours of SEO Google games. I just have good content and pin friendly images. 

Everyone will have differing opinions on this subject; so be it.  For me, I prefer to focus my promotional efforts on social media.  You have to be involved with it though, you can't just pin or tweet only your own stuff and expect it to work. If you make it a daily habit though and engage on social media, you may be pleasantly surprised what it does for your traffic.  You got 9k in pins without really trying right? smile Imagine the possibilities.

3. Lee Hansen profile image83
    Lee Hansenposted 23 months ago

Most of my HP traffic comes from Pinterest, and not from my own pins. This is totally out of whack from my website traffic which is mostly from returning visitors (bookmarks) followed by Google, Bing and Yahoo organic search. One source that baffles me is traffic from socialtimes.com. Can anyone provide insight on where/why my hubs are getting traffic from that site? I can't find any references to my hubs, my subdomain or HP there.

1. HomeArtist1 profile image37
      HomeArtist1posted 23 months ago in reply to this

I hear you on the Pinterest thing. I've had two hubs shared over 8,000 times each
      and realized there may be something to that but it's not quality traffic. I do have strange
      sources like you.