jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Copied content

1. Just Ask Susan profile image85
    Just Ask Susanposted 24 months ago

I'm finding lately that when I go to the site that supposedly has copied my content that I cannot find it. Has this happened to you before? Does HubPages go back and check to see if the content is still on said sites?

1. bravewarrior profile image94
      bravewarriorposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Susan, I had copied content a couple of months ago. I sent a DMCA notice to the site owner and to the web host. They took it down but it still showed in cache. I then went into my Webmaster tools and requested the link be removed. Once Google verified it no longer existed, it was removed from search indexes.

It still showed a red C in my HP account after it was removed. I contacted admin and they informed me they do a sweep every 30 days. The red C should go away when they do the next sweep.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image85
        Just Ask Susanposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Thanks !

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 24 months ago in reply to this

@bravewarrior is right, these warnings are not updated in realtime.

The content may also actually be there in the unrendered part of the page, so make sure to download the reported link URL and view the source in a text editor like Notepad++ to make sure the content is gone.

2. JTRyder profile image86
    JTRyderposted 24 months ago

Noob here ('i'm going to hide under that moniker for as long as I can!) I have a few articles I have tried to published and they have been rejected as duplicated on some other site. These articles should not be posted up anywhere to my knowledge. How do I find out where they are duplicated? I have tried keyword searches and plagiarism sites, but have not found these articles duplicated anywhere.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 24 months ago in reply to this

You could copy/paste some of the sentences into Google search and see what comes up.  If you have done what you have mentioned along with the Google search as I describe and find nothing, I would suggest you contact support providing them with the Hubs that you are getting the duplicate message on.  Be sure to include the URLs of the hubs in question with your contact email.

2. bravewarrior profile image94
      bravewarriorposted 23 months ago in reply to this

You can also put the title of the article, using quotation marks at the beginning and end, in the search bar and see what comes up. Copyscape is another way of checking for duplicate content.