jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (21 posts)

Anyone elses traffic not recoverying from the google update

1. lbsf1 profile image86
    lbsf1posted 23 months ago

Hi guys

Before the google update I was on around 140 views per day, now down to 40 and its not rising back again. sad

I have always tried to write high quality articles (if anything my highest quality article is the one that has been hit the hardest). I started writing in February and my traffic rose steadily until this update, now I'm back to where I was in April, however this time I'm not making any improvement.

I have written two new hubs since the update and neither of them are gaining any hits (from both hubs 2 views from google in 2 weeks).

Any advice? this is blooming frustrating.

1. OldRoses profile image84
      OldRosesposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Ever since Panda/Penguin, my views have bumped along between awful and are you kidding me?.  I write in the gardening niche, so this time of year is usually slow for me anyways, but never this slow.  What little traffic I get is from Pinterest, Bing and Yahoo.

2. Brie Hoffman profile image81
    Brie Hoffmanposted 23 months ago

I was at almost 5000 views a day, now I am at 700 something...tell me about it!

1. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Oh I wish I had your views! hmm

3. Janey Hood profile image85
    Janey Hoodposted 23 months ago

Not recovering :.......(

4. MagKaye profile image88
    MagKayeposted 23 months ago

Unfortunately my views and earnings are way down too.
    I think they're about a quarter (if that) of what they were a couple of months ago.

Very, VERY disappointing.

5. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 23 months ago

Sadly there has been NO increase in traffic after the 100K Squidoo articles were added to HP. So everyone is competing on a site with many more articles, opportunities diluted. See http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/126677

6. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 23 months ago

I think it's safe to say just about everybody here took one to the gut after the last Panda update. I've had days where I'll get an occasional "burst" of traffic but for the most part, my traffic is comatose.

7. Brie Hoffman profile image81
    Brie Hoffmanposted 23 months ago

8. ologsinquito profile image94
    ologsinquitoposted 23 months ago

I thought my traffic was recovering. But, apparently, there's been yet another update and it's fallen flat again.

9. Solaras profile image91
    Solarasposted 23 months ago

My views on my main account have returned to pre-Panda levels over the last week.  Fingers crossed that I don't Jinx myself. My newer account is still down in the dump.

1. Brie Hoffman profile image81
      Brie Hoffmanposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Which one is doing well, the dog-centric one?

1. Solaras profile image91
        Solarasposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Yes, the dog-centric one has recovered, and the CPM is going back up again after being cut in half back in July.

2. DrMark1961 profile image91
      DrMark1961posted 23 months ago in reply to this

How many hubs do you have in your second account? Do you think Google is mainly penalizing those thin accounts that have very few pages in that subdomain?

1. Solaras profile image91
        Solarasposted 23 months ago in reply to this

The little account is very thin lol.  It has 5-6 hubs on a scatter of subjects, so it may be that Panda despised it.  Prior to Panda it was getting 200-300 views a day.  Now it is at 50-70 views a day.  I am finding it difficult to get inspired to write something for that account and try to help it out of its hole. 

However, thanks to Amazon, that account has made payout the last 3 months.  So, I should buck-up, and try to jump start it again.

10. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 23 months ago

This pretty much sums up my state of being!!!!!

11. Dale Hyde profile image88
    Dale Hydeposted 23 months ago

My views and earnings are belly up, going down and lower.

Photo courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons

12. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 23 months ago

Mine are going up, going down, going up, going down.....yawn! lol!

13. Nanciajohnson profile image84
    Nanciajohnsonposted 23 months ago

zero, zero, zero....I see too many zeros!  I have one blogger page that is getting traffic.  That's it folks!

14. mactavers profile image87
    mactaversposted 23 months ago

Every time, I seem to be getting encouraged and more page views, a Panda destroys my views and about the time I start earning again, along comes another Panda!  Bad, Bad.

15. Daisydot profile image60
    Daisydotposted 23 months ago

Which update? There have been several.

Apparently the most recent is an update reclassifying thin content which hit on Oct 25th. See the following: