jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Plunging HubScores

1. promisem profile image93
    promisemposted 2 years ago

My HubScores have been strong and steady all year until suddenly plunging about a week ago. Traffic to them has dropped at the same time, even after another drop the month before as a result of the Google update.

I have done everything possible to follow the guidelines for writing good Hubs. Most of them are more than 1,000 words long with multiple photos, polls, etc.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

1. Brie Hoffman profile image79
      Brie Hoffmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Since 9/25, my earnings and traffic have fallen every week.  And I was doing very well beforehand.

promisemposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Have your HubScores dropped or remained the same?

You mean the one score on me?  It has stayed the same.  To tell you the truth I don't care about the scores..I care about the money!

I mean the scores on the individual hubs.

I don't know, I don't pay attention to those.

2. clivewilliams profile image78
    clivewilliamsposted 2 years ago

Don't pay attention to hubscores, they always fluctuate. The hiubcore god or goddess simlply wakes up and says" Let all hubscore fall" or "let some hubcore rise"

Higher scores lead to higher placement on pages.

3. rainsanmartin profile image95
    rainsanmartinposted 2 years ago

I have observed that when the traffic on a Hub drops, so does the score. And many, if not most of us, have seen the traffic fall by 50% over the last couple of months. Therefore I don't concern myself with having a high number on a particular Hub. Only that the score is high enough as to be a "Featured Hub".

Interesting observation. My scores held steady all year while audience climbed, held steady again during small downturns, didn't budge at all after the big site dropoff a month or two ago and then fell like a rock the other day.

4. chef-de-jour profile image89
    chef-de-jourposted 2 years ago

It's a puzzle no one yet has worked out! Hubs of mine with decent traffic have lower hub scores, whilst my highest scoring hub (97 at present) gets hardly a view. Yes, I took a big hit when the update kicked in but am slowly recovering. It'll take a long time before I'm earning as much as i did before the Panda struck. A pain but I'm digging in, updating some hubs and creating new ones. I plan to have a review in 3 months time - I may ave to make a big decision!

working