jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I Don't Know Why I Was So Scared To Edit Former Lenses!

1. Kylyssa profile image94
    Kylyssaposted 23 months ago

I guess it must have just been conditioning that made me worried about editing former lenses.  I was worried they would fall afoul of some weird filter or that they'd fail QAP and I'd fall into a vicious cycle of tweaking and tweaking and tweaking the words to meet some unclear and undefined standard.  My concerns were stressful.

But you know what actually has happened when I've gone ahead and edited my former lenses?  Their hub scores and views go up and my hubber score increases even if all I do is delete the nonsense artifacts like capsules without content in them that came over in the transfer.

It's amazing how being used to one mode of operation can cause one to unnecessarily fear similar modes in situations in which there is no evidence for them. 

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 23 months ago in reply to this

+  So very true.  It must be a great relief to have the edits done and see positive results.  Your hubs look good.  I enjoyed reading the one about Science.  Although I don't write about it, I'm also a science nerd after I took an Oceanography class in college.  It changed everything.  Best~

2. shellys-space profile image60
    shellys-spaceposted 23 months ago

I know how you feel! Since I finally updated all Hubs, it has been a nice knowing what a problem is, not just guessing. I also appreciate knowing when a link is broken smile

3. 0
    reasonablerobbyposted 23 months ago

I really like the hubpages goals and advice on what needs to change. Final days at Squidoo was all guess work.

4. Dressage Husband profile image79
    Dressage Husbandposted 23 months ago

I totally agree with all of you!

5. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 23 months ago

We all worry from time to time when we make edits on our hubs.  Will it pass the filters, or will some mean rater reduce our score?  Will we delete something that Google likes or add something it doesn't and our traffic will stop or never come?

It is worrisome, but I decided that I will just write for the reader and hope for the best.  HubPages has a reasonable policy when it comes to what it accepts and doesn't and the rules are clear.  I'm not sure how reasonable Google is, but I figure if I do something that dramatically reduce traffic, I just have to remember what I did so I can change it back!