jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

My traffic is improving but it's not from Google

1. OldRoses profile image82
    OldRosesposted 23 months ago

I got hit hard by the latest Google Panda/Penguin updates.  My traffic actually fell to single digits!  But It's been slowly improving.  When I check my stats, I'm still getting only dribbles from Google.  My new traffic is coming from Bing and Yahoo Search.  Has anyone else noticed this?

1. MelRootsNWrites profile image90
      MelRootsNWritesposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I haven't noticed that.  I'm still on a roller coaster ride.  Last week was another really, really good week (too good) followed by this week which is down in double digits again.  I keep going though these lows and highs.  I feel like I'm stuck in Google's digestive tract.

Good for you to get traffic from other sources!  That's very hopeful!

2. Marie Gail profile image89
      Marie Gailposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Yes, I don't know exactly what is causing this. I'm getting a lot more hits from Bing and Yahoo than ever before, but almost no Google hits. Traffic is still slow, even though I'm putting more time and energy into HubPages. I'm guessing this will always be a hobby rather than an income stream, but it is good for drumming up clients for my web content writing business. I just send them to my HubPages to see examples of my work.

If we ever figure out SEO, it will be certain to change all over again, I'm sure.

1. Arco Hess Designs profile image83
        Arco Hess Designsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

SEO is not something to figure out. It's something to continue to learn about. It changes so often that no one will ever know everything and the ones who know the most make huge amounts of money and will never share their knowledge with us underlings.

2. PegCole17 profile image90
        PegCole17posted 23 months ago in reply to this

Yes, I'm noticing this about Bing and Yahoo as well. It's as if the G word has forgotten about me after all I've done for them. haha.

OldRosesposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Peg, I thought the same thing when I looked at my stats!

3. Mega Galatic profile image81
      Mega Galaticposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Bing is offering rewards for using their service. That may be the reason of increase of traffic from this site. The rewards are actually quite useful so I can attest I have been using bing more frequently as well.

That's great information!  I didn't know that.  I hope that users continue using Bing after the promotion is over since Bing seems to like my hubs a lot more than Google does.

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 23 months ago

No, my traffic only dropped a little and has improved again.  But the main traffic source is still Google, the others aren't even close.  It's newer hubs which now seem to take much longer to get higher levels of traffic than they used to

3. Healthyannie profile image73
    Healthyannieposted 23 months ago

I agree with you , I am getting more traffic from Bing and yahoo. How can we promote our articles there???

I've been wondering the same thing!  Maybe we should ask HP.  They've done so much work discovering what Google looks for only to have Google cut off our traffic.  Maybe it's time to take a look at what other traffic sources look for.  I know that great photos are needed for Pinterest.  What do Bing and Yahoo look for?  What are good Twitter and Facebook practices to attract traffic?