jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Submit For Publication - Update on Status Please

1. Lee Hansen profile image85
    Lee Hansenposted 24 months ago

Is there a way to add an updater to the hub tool that notifies us on the dashboard that a hub that needed revision and has been submitted for publication is actually in the active work queue OR is still not acceptable?  All the doc on this topic says the process of review may take UP to 72 hours. My experience is that it takes many days, and during that time there is no way to get a sense of status on the submission. There is no way to know if it's delayed due to system/staff overload (not yet assigned), in review, or not accepted until (in my experience) I send email and complain.

It seems like this could be programmed into the system to set a status flag the same way I get notifications on comments or bad links or a dreaded red skull situation.

I'm asking for this because I'm currently for the second time waiting more than 5 business days for a decision or update. I am sure there are others who have had the same experience. This is the second time (with a different hub) this has hit my account and it's non-productive.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 24 months ago in reply to this

I understand your frustration. I know I'm pretty anxious to know when/whether my hub has received a clean bill of health after being unpublished.

My understanding is that the hub is waiting in the queue for most of the time.  I believe that the decision process doesn't take that long and we are notified as soon as the decision is made. It would be nice to know when there is a backlog in the queue.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Once the Hub is reviewed, the applicable status is applied immediately, so you can assume if it has not been rated, then it is waiting.

1. Lee Hansen profile image85
        Lee Hansenposted 23 months ago in reply to this

It finally changed from needs revision to submitted for publication after 10 attempts. Not sure if it was just flipping back automatically, not taking, or someone was just pushing it back at me. Anyway, I dumped two large sections of valid content and resubmitted it and now it's published again.

FWIW, I made the suggestion to make it more apparent when one is waiting for a decision on whether a hub has been reviewed or is still in the queue. Not sure if that will go anywhere but I am back on track with my editing and updates. Consider this black hole covered with a board for now.