jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Does anyone here post their hubs to typepad?

1. sallybea profile image95
    sallybeaposted 23 months ago

I noticed that someone from typepad was looking at my pages on google analytics real time today I wondered what typepad was, so i went looking - only to discover that links to the page they were looking at, had been posted there. Does anyone here post links there and if so - do they get much traffic from typepad?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 23 months ago

Never heard of it, but I took a quick look and noticed Seth Godin (former Squidoo dude) seems to be one of the site's honchos.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 23 months ago

Typepad is a blog hosting platform that has been in existence since 2003.  For a while, it was considered a viable alternative to WordPress, but then WP really took off with individual users.

You would not post your Hubs to TypePad, just like you do not post your Hubs to WordPress.  But plenty of users on those platforms might be running their own blogs that link back to HubPages.

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Would you pin images if you were writing there.  I must admit my first thought was that the person might be nicking some of my content!

1. Dressage Husband profile image80
        Dressage Husbandposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Typepad is owned by EIG this is the group that have been buying up web hosting companies including  Hostgator etc. They are known as asset strippers, typepad is paid for blogging platform and is used by quite a few major corporations mainly TV and hotel groups as well as Paris Hilton and Seth Godin etc.

The users are bloggers and some corporates the site may be a step up from Wordpress as it is going to make more from users and should therefore be upgraded better. The down side would be that they are in it for gain for EIG shareholders not the authors. EIG can and will sell out when the time and money is right, based on their track record.

The link could be just that a link to a site they like or they could be re-posting your work in the same way as a Wordpress blog might. Try to find a link to the blog linking to you so that you can check it out. The platform is a hosted blog with monthly fees going to Typepad who provide the software and hosting. It is like Wordpress hosted on a paid platform a bit like HP, but all ad revenue etc. is under the users control as on Wordpress.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 23 months ago in reply to this

I looked at the site and I have never seen it but the name sure reminds me of something. Maybe it is similar to a software name.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 23 months ago

Examiner At first I thought it was one of those editors people use to clean a URL.  Actually, it is something like Hostgator where you pay to use their services for hosting, your blog, etc.