jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)

Where can I find Google Adsense Code

1. sallybea profile image95
    sallybeaposted 2 years ago

I am currently updating my website and would to include Google Adsense - where do I find the code I need to give to my webmaster for him to add it to my pages.

1. NateB11 profile image91
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure if your publisher id is what you'd give your webmaster, it's not really a code. I just know when I put ads on my sites, I have to create ad units which are actually code. It's at My ads and then create ad units. But I don't have a webmaster so I'm not sure what he or she is looking for.

Edit: Sorry, tired, left out some info. You get the code I mentioned at your actual Adsense account, not here at HP.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

It is your publisher code that usually starts with ca.  Go to your earnings page for hub pages earnings, it is right there at the Google Adsense spot.

sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Linda, would I use that same code for any site I were to monetize? I appreciate your help,

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Yes!

Thank you so much Linda - oh I do love this community.

4. Phyllis Doyle profile image95
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

Hi Sallybea.   Earnings>Settings>scroll down to External Affiliates>Google Adsense

Got it - thank you so much Phyllis.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image95
        Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Very good. You are most welcome.  smile

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image95
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

Ask Marisa Wright about 'AdSense verification of owned sites'.

Sorry, I did not finish that before I hit enter. There is a way to let Google AdSense know all the sites you have and I forgot how to do that.

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Ah! Thanks, Linda. I bookmarked that page this time.  LOL

7. LindaSmith1 profile image60

What is complicated is claiming ownership of the site with code, I believe that they give you.

I am not sure I understand what you mean but I have had the site for several years.   I am changing it's useage with no change in domain name  from a photography site to a felting site.  I have my own domain name there and have had google analytics running on it for the same length of time.  The webmaster has asked me to give him  code from Google for a horizontal adsense block so that he can place the bar across the bottom of my pages using the code I asked about!   Does anyone know the answer to that?

I'm pretty sure what the webmaster is talking about is a leaderboard ad unit. You'd have to go into your adsense account, click my ads and then click creat new ad unit. It's kind of self explanatory from there; you pick the leaderboard ad format, get the code, copy it.

Edit: I'm very tired right now, but I'm wanting to help. Let me give better instructions --

you sign into your adsense account. At the top you'll see "my ads". You click on that. Next screen, you'll see a button that says "new ad unit". You click on that. The next screen will give you a choice of ad sizes. Sounded like your webmaster wants a leaderboard ad, because you said he or she wanted a horizontal ad. You'd click on the leaderboard and then "save and get code". It will give you the code which you can copy and send to the webmaster.

I'm hoping this is what you need. This is what it sounded like to me what the webmaster is asking for.

Just realized you won't get the notification of what I just wrote ^ unless I reply

Thanks NateB11
            Thank you, that was very helpful - i have sent the code to the webmaster - lets hope I got it right.
            Hope you have a good rest - best wishes
            Sally

I'm glad it helped (or hopefully does). And thank you, I'm going to try to get some rest. Hope it works out with the code.

Thanks, tomorrow is another day.

working